What's new

Manage these files somehow or remove them?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jsmiddleton4

Very Senior Member
These files that the firmware mounts, is there a way to stop this, setup the drive so they aren't "Public"?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 414
Just don't share the root of the drive - share a subfolder instead.

Those are configuration files and are required for file sharing to work.

Tried that via the firmware USB device setup Samba screen. For me its all or none. I can't share individual directories.

I'll look again and see if I missed something.

By the way not complaining, just playing and reporting....

If I turn on Share with Account and then use the setting for Simple Sharing, no drive names on the Misc tab, I only see the folder name on each storage device not the root. So these files do not display.

The setting for Share with Account is global in that it sets that parameter for both storage devices, usb hard drive and the sd card.

Also Share with Account changes what I can map. OFF and I can map the drive but not the folders in Win 7. ON and I can map the Shared with Account" folders but not the drive itself.

The setting in Misc tab, show the drive name, doesn't change the mapping/sharing behavior. It just shows the drive name, or doesn't, in Windows Explorer, etc.

So I see this. The folder name but none of the files on the root drive in the first screen capture.

I do have to log in to the shared folders however. Not a big deal.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
The Simpler Sharing name is only to make folder share names be shortened to just the folder name instead of "Share (on sda1)".

To use folder-level shares you have to enable account-based sharing. That way the root does not get shared - that's how I actually have it set myself.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!