1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Memory Problem Mysteriously Gone

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Elmer, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Elmer

Elmer Regular Contributor

So, I commented a few times about having, what i called, a memory leak that was bad enough that I had to reboot daily to prevent a lock-up (even upgraded my router because of it). Sometime within the last month, it has vanished and everything works fine again. Haven't had to reboot in a couple of weeks (knock on phenolic). I get the same behavior, memory slowly increases to max after a reboot, but then instead of crashing, things continue on just fine. There are two things (and maybe more that I'm probably oblivious to) that happened prior to the problem correction:

1. I upgraded to the newest amtm and then used it's new setting to to upgrade entware (and there was considerable activity)
    2. I'm on 384.14 beta1

Hurray for small miracles.

thelonelycoder likes this.
  2. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

I know of at least one memory leak issue that was fixed by Asus in the code merged in 384.14, so that might be related.

L&LD likes this.