What's new

amtm menuTree Issues with unbound / YazFi / FlexQoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

langesgnu

Occasional Visitor
Hello Everybody!

Since ~2 months I have issues with the menu after installing addons via amtm, while up to now this was limited to YazFi and FlexQoS as they seem to both use user1.asp in menuTree.js. This can be solved by first installing YazFi and then FlexQoS, because if you do it the other way round then both tabs are assigned to user1.asp leading to FlexQoS.

Now I had everything configured properly and was running Diversion, Skynet, YazFi, FlexQoS, scribe, unbound, connmon, scMerlin and vnstat on an AC-88U with 386.1_2. As I suspected some issues with unbound I uninstalled only unbound and re-installed it again, together with it's web page. Now menuTree.js seems to be messed up as YazFi and FlexQoS are again using user1.asp, the Addon page is there twice and on the Addon page unbound and vnstat are gone.

Is there a way to completely re-generate the menuTree in a proper way?
Or do I have to uninstall and re-install all addons again via amtm?

BR,
Rainer

Please run this now and after each step if you reinstall. It’s possible FlexQoS is to blame, but I don’t understand why yet.
Code:
grep -E -C1 '"user[0-9]+\.asp"' /tmp/menuTree.js

I updated the develop branch of FlexQoS to prevent other addons from grabbing a mount point at the same time. This might prevent FlexQoS and other addons from both claiming the same user*.asp. I originally thought it was only needed for preventing concurrent modifications to /tmp/menuTree.js, but now I see it is necessary for getting the mount point name without any collisions.

Do you then still need the above check when I re-install all the addons?
Probably this will not prevent the other addons from corrupting the menuTree when they are uninstalled, like it happened now with unbound?

Please run this now and after each step if you reinstall. It’s possible FlexQoS is to blame, but I don’t understand why yet.
Code:
grep -E -C1 '"user[0-9]+\.asp"' /tmp/menuTree.js
another useful test is
Code:
df -h | grep menuTree
to check for any double mounts (I've seen this before)

The current status of both commands is as follows:

tmp/home/root# df -h | grep menuTree
tmpfs 251.6M 2.2M 249.3M 1% /www/require/modules/menuTree.js

/tmp/home/root# grep -E -C1 '"user[0-9]+\.asp"' /tmp/menuTree.js
{url: "Guest_network.asp", tabName: "<#239#>"},
{url: "user1.asp", tabName: "YazFi"},
{url: "Captive_Portal.asp", tabName: "Free Wi-Fi"},
--
{url: "QoS_EZQoS.asp", tabName: "<#2384#>"},
{url: "user1.asp", tabName: "FlexQoS"},
{url: "QoS_Stats.asp", tabName: "Classification"},
--
{url: "Advanced_Firewall_Content.asp", tabName: "<#350#>"},
{url: "user5.asp", tabName: "Skynet"},
{url: "NULL", tabName: "__INHERIT__"}
--
tab: [
{url: "user2.asp", tabName: "scMerlin"},
{url: "javascript:window.open('/javascript:window.open('/ext/shared-jy/redirect.htm','_blank')','_blank')", tabName: "Help & Support"},
--
tab: [
{url: "user2.asp", tabName: "scMerlin"},
{url: "javascript:window.open('/javascript:window.open('/ext/shared-jy/redirect.htm','_blank')','_blank')", tabName: "Help & Support"},

In the evening I will uninstall all the addons and then reinstall with these commands for each step as requested above.

Now I did remove all the addons and then re-installed them again, with checking step by step what happened. In the past I always had the issued that I needed to install YazFi prior to FlexQoS, as otherwise they would both share user1.asp, this issue seems to be gone now or it was not a problem today.

However, I did install unbound and then uninstalled it again, which lead to the situation where YazFi and FlexQoS did again share user1.asp. After that I re-installed YazFi and then it was ok and I could install the remaining addons.

Enclosed a .txt file with all the logs, hope this will help.

I think it’s notable (but not a smoking gun) that uninstalling Unbound Stats causes a problem. Looking at their code, @juched still has an older version of the Get_WebUI_Page function. On uninstall, it might be allocating the wrong user file which it then tries to delete. But I still don’t see why YazFi and FlexQoS both end up with user1.asp.

Have you switched to the FlexQoS develop branch by running flexqos develop

I’m curious if you could still recreate the problem after that.

I can check on that tomorrow evening. In any case something has changed in YazFi or FlexQoS (but probably YazFi) lately, as in the past I had the user1.asp issue even without unbound being installed. And the FlexQoS page is somehow dominent, because even if both, YazFi and FlexQoS, are linked to user1.asp, both tabs lead to the FlexQoS page.

So I did now some additional checks with FlexQoS development branch and it seems to be working now. Even after I went back to the stable branch of FlexQoS and then tried to reproduce the issue, I could not.

Here the menuTree allocations, if it will help:

Another minor issue with the menuTree: Do you know that the "Help & Support" tab opens in a new browser tab while the main tab is switching to a blank window and then you need to hit back to get into the GUI again?

Another minor issue with the menuTree: Do you know that the "Help & Support" tab opens in a new browser tab while the main tab is switching to a blank window and then you need to hit back to get into the GUI again?
which browser? i haven't seen this in my testing

Firefox, but this issue is already there since 4-6 months...

help-tab.jpg

hm, seems noone who uses my addons uses firefox! apparently firefox decides to return a window object from the window.open() call, but chrome/edge don't. not a quick fix as I'll need to update all scripts that create that tab.

This issue is only there fore the "Help & Support" tab, all others are working as they should and do open within the main window. But if really noone uses Firefox then please leave it as it is.

So I did now some additional checks with FlexQoS development branch and it seems to be working now. Even after I went back to the stable branch of FlexQoS and then tried to reproduce the issue, I could not.
I’m guessing if you reboot while on stable it might recur.

I use Yazfi and firefox as my primary browser.
Never noticed an issue in the guest wifi section.

hm, seems noone who uses my addons uses firefox! apparently firefox decides to return a window object from the window.open() call, but chrome/edge don't. not a quick fix as I'll need to update all scripts that create that tab.
I should be more specific, Firefox users who click on the Help & Support tab in Addons will see issues. Generally Firefox for the addons themselves is fine