What's new

Merlin Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tommy Grace

Regular Contributor
Guys, apologies if this is already posted in a sticky (which i am sure it is) but i have never flashed Merlin firmware and am wanting to do so on my AX88U. Can somebody point me in the direction of how to do this please and anything i need to be aware of? I am currently running 6436 as 7968 was pretty horrific.

Thanks

@Tommy Grace after flashing to RMerlin, you may want to read and follow my M&M Config and possibly even the Nuclear Reset guides that can be found in my signature below.

I would recommend the RMerlin 384.15 Beta 1 firmware as it has proved extremely stable for me and many others here (not just for the RT-AX88U either) and will give you access to the built-in amtm script support and also Entware too.

If you do find those scripts intriguing, the amtm Step-by-Step guide may also be of use too.

Just note that you will not need to actually install amtm if using 384.15 Beta 1, but the other steps should still be helpful. :)