What's new

Merlin IP address

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

royarcher

Very Senior Member
I have my Asus IP at 192.168.2.1 as I have another router connected to it .It is running merlin firmware and I am going to do a hard reset later on .My question is when I bring it back online after the reset will the IP address be 192.168.1.1 or does rmerlin use another IP address

The automatic setup wizard (or whatever it's called) that you are forced to go through after a factory reset will detect whether the WAN subnet is 192.168.1.x and will change its LAN to something different (192.168.2.x I believe*). The client you're using should automatically get its address through DHCP.

* I think some of the RT-AC86Us default to 192.168.50.1, but this can be changed later.

Last edited:
The automatic setup wizard (or whatever it's called) that you are forced to go through after a factory reset will detect whether the WAN subnet is 192.168.1.x and will change its LAN to something different (192.168.2.x I believe*). The client you're using should automatically get its address through DHCP.

* I think some of the RT-AC86Us default to 192.168.50.1, but this can be changed later.
OK thanks for that

It depends on the model and the firmware version. I use the same default IPs as Asus, so it will typically be either 192.168.1.1, or 192.168.50.1, depending on the firmware version currently installed.

If in doubt, use router.asus.com while connected to the router's LAN port.

Ok thanks I d
It depends on the model and the firmware version. I use the same default IPs as Asus, so it will typically be either 192.168.1.1, or 192.168.50.1, depending on the firmware version currently installed.

If in doubt, use router.asus.com while connected to the router's LAN port.
Ok thanks I did the rest and it is 192.168.1.1 (just for the record)