What's new

Merlin NAT Loopback Problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Trying to resolve something else, I met a problem which may just be Loopback related. To test for this thread, I used my cams which are working perfectly (which of course means nothng if I do not state conditions precisely). Well, they work perfectly locally and over my VPN server accessed with the same local links. Normally I never use port forwarding.

So, I forward port :80 to my cam:80. Copied my perfectly working link and changed its internal to external address...

No picture with Merlin, no with Asus loopback.

But, I can not rule my modem and doubleNAT out as a problem.

Asuswrt-Merlin RT-AC68U_380.59_0

Port 80 would most likely conflict with the router's webui. Use a different port number.

Just putting in my $0.02...
On Merlins NAT I cannot port forward to my NAS and its services.
But on Asus NAT I can perfectly without issue...

(Havent read the whole thread, so please dont shoot me)

Just putting in my $0.02...
On Merlins NAT I cannot port forward to my NAS and its services.
But on Asus NAT I can perfectly without issue...

(Havent read the whole thread, so please dont shoot me)

The choice is there to use the one that works for you. ;)

Port 80 would most likely conflict with the router's webui. Use a different port number.

Nope. Tried mapping external 808 to camera internal 80 - nothing. When I remove forwrad from outside:80, port is closed from outside.

To make sure, tried my Raspberry:
http://1.2.3.4:9981/ (using my real WAN IP) and my_hostname:9981 - again, nothing.

Both Asus and Merlin Loopback. Port 9981 is verified to be open from outside. Asuswrt-Merlin RT-AC68U_380.59_0

Probably DoubleNAT is to blame.