What's new

Merlin (or even stock) firmware on Sprint SP-AC2015

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, that is what I had gathered, however, SPA AC2015 is ASUS RT AC66U hardware branded for Sprint. After several permutations of putting it in Rescue mode I thought I would check the reason and everywhere this thread came up and I knew the reason but wanted to confirm.
Few different questions:
1. SP AC2015 cannot go into rescue mode? with uploading of software happening using in a simpler looking ASUS FW utility only after 60% restoration happens the standard error message of "no blinking power light = no rescue mode" comes up; in another larger FW utility the same error message after about 99% restoration the message comes up. Any thoughts?
2. I tried TFTP with 3 tries set and no go.
3. So the question which still bugs me is the router works fine with SP AC 2015 FW "3.0.0.4.378_4443" is the useful max version ?
4. I still fail to understand why this router despite LAN ports capable of 10/100/1000 reduce the speed of FIOS? without Router into Ethernet adapter of PC I get >300 mbps.
No rush on these questions, just want to learn and understand. Thanks for your time and help.

You still not get it. You never be able to flash asus fw on your router. Its not branded asus router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!