What's new

Merlin support for next gen ASUS routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DimBo

New Around Here
Realise the list of currently supported ASUS routers is on the about page. Are there any ASUS router models in the pipeline, that are likely to be supported, but either ASUS have not released them yet, or the router has been released by ASUS & Merlin support might be rolled-out later this year sometime. My router is getting towards end of support. I can wait. Will only buy a Merlin compatible ASUS router, as that has proved a reliable combo. Just wandering.

Don’t try to catch a falling knife - go buy an ac86 or ax88. These will serve you well for quite some time, and are supported by Merlin NOW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or RT-AC5300 perhaps?

Running solid in 2500sq/f house.
With 3 kids, and we all are heavy users in peak hours!

Possibly: my current understanding is that there may be issues with running some of the more popular scripts on that model. I may well be mistaken on that, however, so OP should do their own research before making a decision/purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@dave14305 Grabs Popcorn waiting for Superman’s landing

AX88U for the win

Last edited:
Or RT-AC5300 perhaps?

Running solid in 2500sq/f house.
With 3 kids, and we all are heavy users in peak hours!
agreed my AC5300 covers the house and grounds around the house well have no trouble streaming tv cell phones multiple tablets and huge GB file transfers between computers and backup devices , great router for now and i'm sure well into the future . Though I am interested in the new ax models , I'm hoding off until I see which models will get Merlin FW