What's new

Merlin support for WAN wireless Client Mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You need to put an ethernet client device on your WAN port. Some AP, Routers and Extenders can do this.

GL.iNet travel routers have WISP mode. They can create own SSID + VPN, no additional router needed.

I have one Slate somewhere in my bin. It was purchased mainly to see what it is. It works, Wi-Fi is good for a room. No complaints, it's a travel router.

No. This question has been asked in the forum many times.
It's a shame because it's such a cool feature.

I, myself have my asus/merlin router WAN plugged into a netgear nighthawk M1 that I picked up second hand on eBay for AU$60. I use it mainly for cellular internet access but it has a cool feature to automatically switch to using a wifi access point if it's available. I can just turn hotspot on on my mobile/cell phone and the M1 just switches over to that and uses my mobile/cell data. You could probably achieve similar for wifi client access with a second merlin router in media bridge mode.