What's new

Mesh network for campground - input requested

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Currently, there are only three "AP's" per 'gateway' unit, but I believe there is a need for more "AP's" per 'gateway'... So my focus will be on 'MU-MIMO' capability to accommodate better 'throughput' per connection.
(and I'm stating the following solely for the 'edification' of the owner of this network who has been a bit boggled by this discussion as I have printed these all out and shared them with him):

o_O

In my mind faster wireless is only going to hurt you because your internet is so slow. It is going to need to be a balance based on the number of users on limiting bandwidth. If it is a couple of users then they can have more bandwidth but if the park is full and you have 20 users per network you will need to limit bandwidth more. You kind of need a floating bandwidth setting. I would start with 20Mhz wide and go from there. You don't want any 1 user using all the internet bandwidth.

It would be better if you could load balance your internet pipes.

I guess breakfast and dinner would be your most used times. Hopefully everybody is enjoying the great outdoors during the day time. If you get very many streaming movies you are going to run out of internet bandwidth.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!