What's new

Migration from asus RT-N66U to RT-AC88U Plusnet username and password not recognised

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PaulSB

Occasional Visitor
Hi All.

I have decided to upgrade my asus RT-N66U that has been running on Plusnet for a couple of years and have bought an Asus RT-AC88U.

I get an error username and password are not correct for the internet connection.

I compared the WAN config and Username and password settings in the configs between the routers untill I am crosseyed and cannot see any errors and even got my wife to check as I did not trust myself.

Any Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

What firmware is running on the RT-N66U and what is running on the RT-AC88U? Are they both at their respective latest firmware available level?

What other configuration changes between the two routers?

Did you fully reset the new router after flashing the firmware you want to use on it?

What firmware is running on the RT-N66U and what is running on the RT-AC88U? Are they both at their respective latest firmware available level?

What other configuration changes between the two routers?

Did you fully reset the new router after flashing the firmware you want to use on it?

Hi thanks for answering.

both routers are both flashed with the merlin firmware and as I say I have checked username and password on both configs and thet are the same and I get username or password not recognised.

88u is flashed with 384.19 and 66u with 380.70

I also flashed the router with the stock asus firmware and that did not work either.

I have just logged onto the plusnet site using the credentials just to check as well.

I read in another forum about someone having a similar problem and he said he just unplugged his modem for a few hours and let everything reset isp side and then his credentials worked and he has been ok since so tried that over night with no luck.

I will do a full factorty reset on the router again and let you know the results.

Paul

OK Fixed.

I am embarrased to post what was wrong but will do in case someone else make the same stupid mistake.

I am getting the excuses in first.

dodgy fonts on the Interface

years of being out of the IT industry

advanced years and intelectual decline etc, etc.

The problem was the font on the asus GUI looks like one instead of an L ie DS1 ont DSL chsnged it to an L and we we hunkey dorey.

Thanks to all who tried to help.

Paul

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!