What's new

MLB.TV doesn't work after newer merlin build

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jimmybond009

New Around Here
Forgot my admin password to router (too secure!) and had to do some changes, so I factory reset my RT-N66U and installed the latest Merlin build. I was previously on 374 an sdk5, now am on 380.61 the latest.

I had to redo all the settings from scratch, including static routes for public name servers. Unfortunately my MLB.TV app on Roku hardwired through LAN, and my PC hardwired, both keep telling me I am in blackout for every game. Happens whether or not I have my Unotelly DNS servers enabled on WAN per their instructions. I am at a loss to figure out how to fix this - I can't figure out if I am missing a setting somewhere.
All I know is that when I was on 374 it all worked fine (with Unotelly enabled at router level). Now, it does not work, whether I have Unotelly enabled or I am using my ISP's DNS servers. Any thoughts?

I know it is not roku specific since blackout message happens on my PC in browser too
I know it is not my MLB account since I can stream via my cell provider
I know my internet (and Roku/Unotelly) work because I can stream Amazon Prime US programming through the roku. It is just MLB.TV that is being stubborn.

I have done reboots, power cycles, turned different settings on and off,etc.

I'm baffled, thanks for your help!

okay - turns out it WAS the proxy server via Unotelly. MLB reset something on their end with my IP address, and I disabled the Unotelly, and all works now. Enable Unotelly and it stops working. Disable and it works yet again. So that solves it. Unotelly supposedly working on a fix. Glad it is not some setting I missed when updating my Merlin build!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!