What's new

MOCA 2.0 was ratified in June of 2010, where are the products?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gigahertz21

New Around Here
MOCA 2.0 was ratified almost 2 years ago, where are the products? Or is MOCA being phased out? Almost all products are discontinued, can't find anything on Newegg and the Netgear MOCA products are the only thing left on Amazon. Ugh, don't tell me every company is shifting towards powerline adapters, damn things are way to slow and there too many factors involved that can affect performance like AFCI breakers and even cell phone chargers can cause too much electrical noise and degrade performance according to that article on here.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanw...oost-powerline-network-speed?showall=&start=1

I want me some MOCA 2.0 speed!!!!!!
MOCA 2.0

On June 15, 2010 MoCA 2.0 was ratified. MoCA 2.0 offers two performance modes, Basic and Enhanced, with 400 Mbit/s and 800 Mbit/s net throughputs (MAC), using 700 Mbit/s and 1.4 Gbit/s PHY rates, respectively. For point-to-point WAN applications, performance can be optimized for two node networks with Basic mode delivering 500 Mbit/s net throughput (MAC) and Enhanced mode providing 1 Gbit/s net throughput.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multimedia_over_Coax_Alliance

I want me some MOCA 2.0 speed!!!!!!
I don't know about MoCA 2.0 but I just had a tasty Arby's Jamoca shake. :D

Seriously, I agree. Where's the MoCA? Since MoCA doesn't play nice with some of the Satellite or other content providers equipment, maybe MoCA manufacturers gave up rather than suffer the cost of technical support. Probably it was because too few purchased it so it became a loss for manufacturers. For such a promising product, it sure disappeared quickly.

Why don't you use the MoCA that is available now?

I don't know about MoCA 2.0 but I just had a tasty Arby's Jamoca shake. :D

Seriously, I agree. Where's the MoCA? Since MoCA doesn't play nice with some of the Satellite or other content providers equipment, maybe MoCA manufacturers gave up rather than suffer the cost of technical support. Probably it was because too few purchased it so it became a loss for manufacturers. For such a promising product, it sure disappeared quickly.

Why don't you use the MoCA that is available now?

I do, but would love to see the standard advance and become popular.

A sticky problem is the public has been propagandized to believe WiFi is the be all, end all. Until perceptions are changed, MoCA will probably remain a boutique item. :(

So what is the most viable MoCA/HPNA solution right now? The only product I can really find that's in-stock is the Actiontec adapter.

It gets fairly good reviews, so I might give these a shot. Pricey, though... wow.

So what is the most viable MoCA/HPNA solution right now? The only product I can really find that's in-stock is the Actiontec adapter.

It gets fairly good reviews, so I might give these a shot. Pricey, though... wow.

I bought all 4 of my Netgear MOCA adapters for $150 from an ebay seller but it looks like they don't have anymore. The same ebay seller was selling them on Amazon for the same price but Amazon ran out too. Link to the item:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300643232473

Amazing price for 4 adapters, glad I bought them when I did. Looks like most prices I see are $200 for 2 adapters :eek:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!