What's new

Moca for cheap

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

i do anyone of you know a cheap way to have moca at home maybe an older machine could do it ...

please be precise

If "Machine" means a computer - well, the computer does not produce or receive MoCA signals. Only the resultant CAT5 connections.

Cheap MOCA - buy used pair on eBay.

This says that some DECA boxes use frequencies that can conflict with those used by cable TV (less than 850MHz). MoCA uses frequencies higher than 850 to not conflict.

http://www.gizmolovers.com/2011/09/01/moca-and-deca-whats-the-difference-or-is-there-one-at-all/

Yes that is correct. That's why I was wondering what is currently running on his COAX. DECA works good with Satellite and MOCA works good with Cable TV and HPNA3.1 can usually work with either. Or if you don't use your COAX for TV (like at my house) you can run MOCA, DECA and HPNA3.1 all over the same COAX line!

here are the uses

my friend receives both tv and internet through cable.

I do not use tv i only want to share hi internet connection (wifi is not an option)

what solution would be the cheapest?

my friend lives in a different appartment . he is on the same floor as me , in the same building. 2 appartments are between me and him. does that causes a prob?

also he receives tv and internet from a cable provider . I would only share the internet connection with him through moca if it is possible.

two apartments away... probably not going to work. Too many walls.

I've seen some people mount an an outdoor bridge on the outside of the window - some mechanical means. Twice -two windows. Line of sight bridge link.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!