What's new

MoCA Losing some Upstream Channels when adding splitter

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks to both of you for helping.

The better half of me (the woman of the house) is slowly becoming less angry with me. It appears the network is still holding strong. I have not had any crashes of the Cable Modem (or the Router as a result of the Cable Modem crashes) since completing this setup.

I check about once a week to see if the cable modem's upload channels are still showing four of them; and it is. Obviously, I will stop doing that check now (or much less frequently).

Side Note: (Slight Tangent)
As a owner of the UDM-base, who only runs on released firmware; I was becoming a skeptic since I was on firmware version 1.5.6, for about 8 months with no update in site. Ubiquiti then released version 1.8.3 (finally), and I installed it. I was, mostly fine, with 1.5.6 and any issues I have encountered, I had work-arounds in place for (port forwarding, default subnet issues). 1.8.3 fixed a lot of problems and the User Interface shows the network map better. Good deal, so far.

I believe version 1.8.3 is the first (maybe?) version for the UDM-base written on the new OS. I had no issues with it (but there was a possible memory leak, was tracking that). They then pushed 1.8.4 immediately after. So far, no issues with that.

I really want to leave the network alone for 5 or more years, hoping this will do it. Obviously, I want the MoCA to last indefinately.

Hi, did you ever end up using one of those directional couplers or taps? It looks like they are rated for upto 1GHz which is too low for MoCA but that doesn't actually mean it won't work. I'm looking for a directional coupler that would work with MoCA.

Thanks,
Harry

I bought this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CQTHL33/?tag=snbforums-20

I am no engineer, but it is rated for MoCA. Because my setup at home only uses MoCA without CATV or TIVO, it works just fine. I needed less power loss going into the room that had a splitter and the Cable Modem; this provided that.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!