What's new

Mounting NAS on Asuswrt-merlin and using USB ASUS tools for downloads

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gg35

New Around Here
Hi all,

I am newbies here on ASUS Merlin WRT. I ve just receive an AC66u router and i play with it :)

I am tying to find a way to use ASUS download tools GUI to perform downloads on a NAS that I already mounted on the router BusyBox. Using SSH or CMD comand, it is easy to mount it as CIFS but there are several questions I can't anwsers :

- Is there a way, by modifying router conf files for example, to display mounted NAS as the USB drives and to use it by the ASUS download GUI?

- Is there examples on how to modify scripts on the router to auto mount a nas on each reboot of the router ?

Regards

automount can be done through a user script (see the README on how to use them). For this case, I would probably put it in services-start so to ensure that your network is already up and running. Keep in mind that you won't have to escape slashes in the script (so // instead of //// for example).

There's no real way to display mounted shares on the webui unfortunately.

I might eventually implement CIFS/SMB mounting on the webui, at which point I would report mount status and space usage on the Sysinfo page. No promise tho, got too much on my plate already. :)

Thank you very much I will check how to use user script in services-start to auto mount my NAS.

And is there a way to display the mounted NAS as a shared device attached to the router like it is working for usb drive mounted on the router ? I mean not in the webui but just shown on the local network side for the moment.
I mounted it tmp/mnt but it doen't appears as shared device like usb drive already mounted too.
What are the conf/setting files to modify ?

Thank you very much I will check how to use user script in services-start to auto mount my NAS.

And is there a way to display the mounted NAS as a shared device attached to the router like it is working for usb drive mounted on the router ? I mean not in the webui but just shown on the local network side for the moment.
I mounted it tmp/mnt but it doen't appears as shared device like usb drive already mounted too.
What are the conf/setting files to modify ?

USB devices are handled internally by the firmware, I doubt you could manage to "fake" it through just mount points.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!