1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Multi VLAN/subnet with OpenVPN

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by mongodb, Oct 20, 2019.

1. mongodb

mongodb Occasional Visitor

Hi, I have a question around multi-subnet environment and routing via OpenVPN on Merlin.

I have a few internal networks for desktop, vms and wifi clients that go out the internet via an AC-88U running Merlin. Subnet addresses are- 10.1.1.0/24 (desktop), 10.1.2.0/24 (vms) etc. I have static routes applied on the Asus router to tell it where the networks live. The question I have is- can I configure specific /32 address from all 3 networks to go out via a specific openvpn tunnel via the Asus router or have i over-simplified it in my head?

2. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

Did policy based routing not work?

3. mongodb

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I haven't tried it yet but wanted to know if that is possible. Thinking about it logically, it should work as long as the criteria matches the PBR. Just wanted to see if there are any known issues as I remember reading another thread where someone had issues with it.

Thanks.

4. mongodb

Apologies for the bump, but just keen to know if this will work. Thanks.