What's new

my asus router rt ac ac87u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So i have an issue . I got myself command and conquer and installed the third party app so i can go online . But the problem is my router is blocking the app, I cant seem to figure out how to allow my laptop the exception to use this said app . Anyone here knows a way for me to solve this problem ? my router has a few firewalls and defences by default and i cant seem to figure out which is the one stopping me from connecting the applications third party servers .

Why do you say the router is blocking the app? The router shouldn't be blocking anything. Also, you haven't given any information about the app or how it works or any error messages.:rolleyes:
dam u came on me rough . well sorry for the lack of info, tbh this is the second forum i came for help so im growing a wee bit impatient and im sorry for this . But ive ran a few diagnostics to connect to the apps thirds party servers (the app is called command and conquer online , its a third party fan made application that hosts server for command and conquer a game that EA failed to keep the franchise going, thus closing its original servers) . But when I run the game , i still cant connect . Ive tried plenty of things from adding it into my firewall exception list etc . Ive also setted up a dmz for this laptop on my router , yet i still cant connect ingame . But when I left my connection and used my cousin's wifi connection the game connects online like all the hardwork i went through down the drain. And try not to be passive aggresive pls. i came to this forum for help not a sounding .

Is this the app you're talking about?

You said you "ran a few diagnostics to connect to the apps thirds party servers". What sort of diagnostics and what were the results?

Assuming it's the app above, have you looked/asked in their forums? The top post talks about the game using port 6667 and that some ISP's block that port. Who is your ISP?

Does your RT-AC87U have a public WAN IP address or is it behind another router?

Last edited:
Is this the app you're talking about?

You said you "ran a few diagnostics to connect to the apps thirds party servers". What sort of diagnostics and what were the results?

Assuming it's the app above, have you looked/asked in their forums? The top post talks about the game using port 6667 and that some ISP's block that port. Who is your ISP?

Does your RT-AC87U have a public WAN IP address or is it behind another router?
[yes thats the app]the Diagnostics were some .EXEs sent by their mods to help check on errors and results show no change . there werent no errors with the files nor the ability of my laptop to connect to their ports . Everything checks out except my connection to their servers when ingame .As for my ISP its from SEA unifi , and i dont really remember any banning of anything of this sort in their regulations . The problem resides with my connection and id very much like to say it cant be my ISP since i havent had problems like this with other applications of the same nature .

The fact that the diagnostic shows no problems and that it can connect to their servers on the appropriate ports suggests it's something to do with the game rather than a network issue per se. Port 6667 is also used by a lot of malware. Do you have some anti-virus/anti-malware software installed on your laptop that might be blocking the application?

The fact that the diagnostic shows no problems and that it can connect to their servers on the appropriate ports suggests it's something to do with the game rather than a network issue per se. Port 6667 is also used by a lot of malware. Do you have some anti-virus/anti-malware software installed on your laptop that might be blocking the application?
sadly i dont other than my windows defender . Maybe ill try reinstalling the game , but if the problem persist im sure the cause is my wifi as i dont see this problem in other wifi connections .

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!