What's new

My RT ac 88 U doesn't like 2.6

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

royarcher

Very Senior Member
I have been a bit slack lately updating to Eric's latest firmware so a few days ago I updated to 2.6 . Everything went well, so smooth infact that I just left it as a dirty flash. We are on 100 down and when I checked it was downloading at about 90 /92 MBS or there abouts. Last night I checked again and it was down to 9 MBS , firstly I thought I should have done a hard reset so I did that but still only 9 MBS. I rebooted both the modem and router with no difference so I downgraded to 2.4 ( I think) still no joy so I went back to 384.19 ( a firmware that was always excellent for me ) and low and behold it is back to 90+ MBS . What am I missing???

A full reset to factory defaults. :)

update,,I don't believe it is 2.6 because it started again on 19 ( back to 9 mbs) so I power cycled both the modem and router and it's back up to 90 mbs how long for is yet to be seen . If it keeps playing up it will give me an excuse to buy a new router yay now the question is should I go for the ax 86 or ax 88 . I know the ax 86 gets the better rap but I just purchased a fan that's tailor made for 88,s sooo maybe ill go that way.
knowing my luck though it won't play up anymore so the war office will give me grief if a buy one now . Time will tell eh

Change out all your Ethernet cables. When speeds artificially cap themselves at ~10 or ~100 I think about auto-negation issues due to bad signaling. Couldn't hurt.

Change out all your Ethernet cables. When speeds artificially cap themselves at ~10 or ~100 I think about auto-negation issues due to bad signaling. Couldn't hurt.
well it's all good now , we are only on a 100 mbs plan and since power cycling the modem and router it's back up to 90+ mbs but thanks for your help ,much appreciated.
I also downgraded to 384.19 but I don't think it was that as it still only downloaded at 9 mbs until I unplugged everything.
When the war office goes to bed I am going to update back to 386.2.6 and see how It goes

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!