What's new

Diversion Name-N/A in Diversion Stats and is it possible to have my Asus DDNS address resolved locally as well?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

M

MvW

Post edited because I my original post appeared to be part of a bigger issues. The questions unanswered are left below:

Every week I'm confronted with Name-N/A instead of router.asus.com or something more recognizable in my weekly Diversion stats and in uiDivStats. If I add my router to the table with static DHCP-leases I get a warning about putting it there, but are there any serious drawbacks to be expected? This should cause the Name-N/A to be replaced by router.asus.com, wouldn't it? Or are there better alternatives to achieve the same?

Last but not least: I would like my ASUS DDNS address to be recognized on the local network as well, so I don't have to make separate SSH-profiles in my client apps. I assume this means dnsmasq needs to be aware that this alias needs to point to the local IP of of the router. How do I do that?

Your help is much appreciated.

Best regards,
Marco

(To @thelonelycoder: your efforts on the wife filter are no longer necessary, The wife has decided to trade me in for a specimen with less defects. Nevertheless, I really appreciated the time and effort you've put into it.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone that can point me in the right direction(s)? I assume the 'issues' are solvable in a similar manner, or am I thinking to easy?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Marco

Last but not least: I would like my ASUS DDNS address to be recognized on the local network as well, so I don't have to make separate SSH-profiles in my client apps. I assume this means dnsmasq needs to be aware that this alias needs to point to the local IP of of the router. How do I do that?
You can add a host-record line to /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add:
Code:
host-record=myddns.mydomain.com,192.168.50.1,3600
The 3600 means to let it be cached by clients for up to an hour. You can change or omit it.

Reactions: MvW
You can add a host-record line to /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add:
Code:
host-record=myddns.mydomain.com,192.168.50.1,3600
The 3600 means to let it be cached by clients for up to an hour. You can change or omit it.

Thanks for your reply.

Can I do so for both router.asus.com as well as myddnssdomain.asuscomm.com? How can I make sure Diversion uses router.asus.com for its stats instead of Name N/A or the Asus DDNS address?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Marco

Post edited because I my original post appeared to be part of a bigger issues. The questions unanswered are left below:

Every week I'm confronted with Name-N/A instead of router.asus.com or something more recognizable in my weekly Diversion stats and in uiDivStats. If I add my router to the table with static DHCP-leases I get a warning about putting it there, but are there any serious drawbacks to be expected? This should cause the Name-N/A to be replaced by router.asus.com, wouldn't it? Or are there better alternatives to achieve the same?

Your help is much appreciated.

Best regards,
Marco

(To @thelonelycoder: your efforts on the wife filter are no longer necessary, The wife has decided to trade me in for a specimen with less defects. Nevertheless, I really appreciated the time and effort you've put into it.)
The stats names are for connected devices like „Wife Android“, „Unruly kid iPad“ and not the router itself. router.asus.com is the router name and would never appear in the stats as its own device.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!