What's new

YazFi Need help installing yazfi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheNewGuyIGuess

New Around Here
Stupid question warning:

Hi everyone, can anyone help me install Yazfi for beginners? I have an Asus RTAC88U, and I have no background knowledge on this entire topic, so I don't know what to do really or where to refer to. I do not know a lot about scripting or anything on this topic in general. The most I know about my Asus Router is turning it on and off and using the Asuswrt to block certain devices from using the internet. That's all I know. What I am trying to do is make guest networks have a separate IP Address from my home network. I have been googling for hours and I finally found someone that said you can download something called Yazfi into the wifi router to change IP addresses for guest networks https://www.snbforums.com/threads/guest-network-on-different-ip-section.60199/. The reason why is that my brother keeps getting booted offline on Xbox and the entire home's internet connection goes down for a long time, so I want him to play on his own guest network with a different IP address than the home connection.

I'm new to this entire process if anyone could be kind to offer a hand for newbies.

When I check whatismyipaddress.com on a device connected to the guest network, it has the same exact IP address as all of my other devices that are not connected to the guest network.

When I check whatismyipaddress.com on a device connected to the guest network, it has the same exact IP address as all of my other devices that are not connected to the guest network.
That is correct since the site returns the external WAN IP, not the internal device IP.

Yazfi won't solve your problem. Yazfi can be used to create different internal (LAN) IP address ranges but it cannot change your router's external (WAN) IP address. Your ISP provides you with only one external IP address which is shared by all your devices.

Ohhhhh.... Rip.... I really thought I was onto something there :(
Guess I'll have to find another way to solve this problem
I know this question is basically off topic, but does anyone have any other solutions? This is driving me nuts.

Tell him to stop antagonising people online so that they don't DOS him. ;)
Well, actually it's quite the opposite. You see, what's going on is that there is a website called Xresolver.com that has hundreds of thousands of 2K and R6S player's IP addresses. My brother's Gamertag is one of the Ggamertag's that had it's latest used IP address logged to the website. There is a guy that my brother used to be friends with back in the days and he has come back and is demanding that my brother give him all the account information of his account so he can keep it for himself. This guy using some sort of booter either a free one or one of his DDOS friends. Every couple of minutes after a DOS attack has finished, he just sends another attack. He won't stop until my brother gives him what he wants. A few other Xbox players know about the problem and they have actually gone into the Xbox official forums and subreddits with this problem.

Xbox's representatives do either 1 of 3 things

Blames the OP for not having the patience to wait until the booter gets tired of booting them offline constantly.
Tell the OP call their ISP to change their IP (I don't know where they are getting this from because this does not work at all)
Censor the OP so that no one else can find out about this huge problem.

In fact, the very last forum post I read through on Xbox's official page, an ambassador says something along the lines of "it's not just Xbox, everyone does it"
As if that is a good excuse or a good way to help an OP in need of help.

Like I said, I know this has nothing to do with you guys, but it's just driving me nuts. So, I came here because I needed help from super cool tech dudes (anyone that understands all of this stuff) without having anywhere to go.

But thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it. I'll have to find a method to end this once and for all.

(Nothing illegal LOL)

Actually, I think I'm onto something. Is it possible to enable a VPN on my router (RTAC88U) for a specific device (Xbox Series S)?

Tell the OP call their ISP to change their IP (I don't know where they are getting this from because this does not work at all)
This is what most people would try first - and that was essentially what you were originally asking for. But that only lasts until the new IP address is logged on the xresolver site.

Actually, I think I'm onto something. Is it possible to enable a VPN on my router (RTAC88U) for a specific device (Xbox Series S)?
This is another option, although gamers tend not to like it because it makes the connection slower and adds lag. It can also prevent some games from working properly (e.g. voice chat). You would still need to have your current WAN IP address removed from xresolver for this to be effective.

This is what most people would try first - and that was essentially what you were originally asking for. But that only lasts until the new IP address is logged on the xresolver site.

This is another option, although gamers tend not to like it because it makes to connection slower and adds lag. It can also prevent some games from working properly (e.g. voice chat).
Well, that sounds awesome! So it is possible to stop this without doing something illegal, YES!!!! Okay, how should I go about doing this? I'm the newest noob you've ever met. Do you think your up for the challenge of helping me set this up on my router? I've just freshly installed the latest Merlin with the help of a YouTube tutorial, so step 1 down right?

Step 1 would be to sign up for a VPN provider, e.g. NordVPN, PIA, Surfshark, etc.

EDIT: If you don't care about your brother's gaming experience but just want to stop the DOS attacks disrupting your internet make sure you have enabled DoS protection in the router's Firewall settings. Also enable AiProtection > Two-Way IPS.

Last edited:
Can someone confirm is yazfi is working on latest 386 beta 3?
Screenshot_20201230-001528837.pngScreenshot_20201230-001457213.png

I have everything correctly set, but when connecting to guest network it keeps getting regular network ip...

Maybe it's the same problem I had once ago. It only gets the yazfi configs when guest network has some wpa security. In open network it is all buggy. I never find a solution and the only solution was to set some password. Because yazfi doesn't work with open guest networks.

Can someone confirm is yazfi is working on latest 386 beta 3?
View attachment 28920View attachment 28921

I have everything correctly set, but when connecting to guest network it keeps getting regular network ip...

Maybe it's the same problem I had once ago. It only gets the yazfi configs when guest network has some wpa security. In open network it is all buggy. I never find a solution and the only solution was to set some password. Because yazfi doesn't work with open guest networks.
Probably best if you create a separate thread as this thread is actually about an Xbox issue and nothing to do with YazFi despite the title.

Would his ip show up when ddosing?
If it does get some evidence.
Take it further. For sure he wont want a criminal record over this.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!