What's new

Need Help - Manually Assigned Static IP around DHCP doesnt get saved

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jimb

New Around Here
Despite following the Asus Manually assigned IP.. FAQ the assignments for my pc and some other clients on the lan do not stick or get saved. Please help.

only one my wdtv live has retained its ip.

Thanks

Make sure you don't have more than one device on your network hosting a DHCP server, and that you entered the correct MAC address. There aren't any known issue related to the DHCP server failing to allocate static leases.

Thanks for your reply. there is no other DHCP server assigning IP on my LAN and i gave it a try assigning fixed ip's now to the wdtv and the pc and it seems to be working now. :D

would it work if Dhcp server range was 1 to 150 and then 160 on you assign the fixed ip's. is that a better way to do things. I dont know if the asuswrt currently allows it like that. You have to be in the dhcp range (1 - 254) even for fixed ips now for it to work?

Thanks for your reply. there is no other DHCP server assigning IP on my LAN and i gave it a try assigning fixed ip's now to the wdtv and the pc and it seems to be working now. :D

would it work if Dhcp server range was 1 to 150 and then 160 on you assign the fixed ip's. is that a better way to do things. I dont know if the asuswrt currently allows it like that. You have to be in the dhcp range (1 - 254) even for fixed ips now for it to work?

DHCP reservations can be either inside or outside the DHCP scope, I have a mixture of both myself. But ideally, I recommend you limit the range of dynamic IPs to a given block, for example 100-149, and then use static IPs outside of that range, just to avoid any potential issues.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!