What's new

Need Sugesstion to find tthe best router for myself

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

c4rterlind4

New Around Here
Hello

This is my first post here, and I'm looking for a router for my house, but I don't know which to choose? How do I choose the right one for me?

I have a budget of around $150 for which I would like to buy a router that has all the features we need both for gaming and day-to-day work. I tried to find my best router and read many articles about that. After reading so many articles about that, I came across a blog that was related to that (click here for blog). And after so much work, I selected two routers that I liked.

1. TP-Link AC1750 Dual Band Smart WiFi Router
2. NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro 6-Stream

Currently, I am a little confused between them, so I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me figure out which one to choose? Or what is the best router in the $150 budget range?

Welcome to the forums @c4rterlind4.

The best router in any budget range is one that offers long-term support (via firmware releases far into the future), offers good security by using current code/packages, offers above-average performance and reliability, and (for me) also has RMerlin firmware support to magnify all the above and give a better than the sum of the parts experience for our home networks.

Neither of the models you indicate would be my picks for many strikes against them for the points I made above.

These are what I consider 'worthy' routers worth buying today for the longest use possible while being updated regularly against security issues and giving class-leading performance and reliability.

Current Order of Recommended Routers Late 2021

If the routers indicated above are not quite in your budget range today, either wait for a sale (the RT-AX68U regularly goes on sale for over half price, many times this year) or simply keep saving until you can better afford one.

Saving any amount to buy the ones you list will be regretted sooner than later.

Hello

This is my first post here, and I'm looking for a router for my house, but I don't know which to choose? How do I choose the right one for me?

I have a budget of around $150 for which I would like to buy a router that has all the features we need both for gaming and day-to-day work. I tried to find my best router and read many articles about that. After reading so many articles about that, I came across a blog that was related to that (click here for blog). And after so much work, I selected two routers that I liked.

1. TP-Link AC1750 Dual Band Smart WiFi Router
2. NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro 6-Stream

Currently, I am a little confused between them, so I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me figure out which one to choose? Or what is the best router in the $150 budget range?
I would recommend neither of those.

Normally I recommend an Asus AX86U but that is currently over $250. First choice is the Asus AX68U for $179. Another good choice is the TP Link AX50 or AX3000 for about $120.

If there are multiple people in the household streaming 4K video with several gadgets connected, you'll want at least 200 Mbps, if not more. If you only have a few devices connected and are mostly just surfing the web, with some videos here and there, you'll be fine with 50 or 100 Mbps.

Below 150 and still going strong in sales:
If you don''t need AX (and most don't) a AC will do fine.

An AC class router is not a wise buy today. Regardless of the purchase habits of the unknowing masses who buy at price points, and not long-term value.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!