What's new

Needing recommendations on wiring house for ethernet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

diehardbattery

New Around Here
We will be moving into a new (to us) home in a couple months. The house is 3800sq ft, is 10 yrs old and has had some work done already. There is an outdoor security camera system (Swann I think, with NVR) installed with PoE which is staying. The "media room" also has 1 ethernet jack installed with a switch hooked up to it. This goes to a 2x3x9 closet near the center of the house (not my equipment, most if not everything will be removed, I believe the NetWorx cabinet is for the alarm system they have installed, will most likely be removed as well).

Basically, all I really need is to be able to house whats in this photo (please excuse the mess, I know it's bad) minus the table. I know I'll need some sort of wall mount cabinet but there seems to be quite a few to choose from, a way to rackmount at least 1 switch, patch panel (24 port most likely with PoE support), possibly a UPS, and a PoE NVR (the Swann system will be replaced at some point). I'll list the current equipment:

• AT&T Pace 5268 Residential Gateway
  • Netgear Orbi AP (possible to use existing jack in the media room instead? There are also 2 satellites.)
  • Netgear 16 port switch (rack mountable I believe)
  • TP-Link 24 Port Switch
  • HUNSN Firewall Appliance (running OPNSense as router currently)
  • HDMI Switchbox
  • PiKVM appliance
  • QNAP NAS
  • Intel NUC
Why 2 switches? Assuming AT&T does not replace the Pace Gateway, the Netgear is used between it and HUNSN appliance because the Intel 225-V ports are not recognized by the Pace gateway directly (known issue).