What's new

Neet budget AIMesh node for RT86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Michael Clifford

Occasional Visitor
I have a new AX86U router that performs almost perfectly. However, it's on the 3rd floor at the North end of the house. New Cat6 wiring has been run to the first and second floors at the South end. A couple of rooms need a small boost.

What's known about the AX1800 *Repeater* (as distinct from the full router with the same model name)? See https://tinyurl.com/5kjknp8w for details. Reviews mention disconnections, but it's not clear if the reviews apply to the router or the repeater.

Whatever I choose as an AIMesh node, it should be future proof and feature WiFi 6, Smart Connect, and OFDMA.

Any comments are appreciated.

mjclifford

AX68U will work for you.

ASUS AX1800 Dual Band WiFi 6 (802.11ax) Repeater & Range Extender (RP-AX56) - Can do ethernet backhaul according to amazon listing - doesn't that make it an AP? I am looking for something myself, in similar situation - have 2x XT8 zenwifi need a router that supports AImesh 2.0 for garage with AX. Zenwifi Xd4 has no external antennas too and is AX1800 like RP-AX56, but has two ethernet by the looks. Also RT-AX92 is very small and you can leave the antennas folded, it is however older (2019), tri band, and more expensive.

Also, the wife doesn't want a black box with antennas (sigh).

Does your wife like a functional internet that works properly. If not then listen to your wife. If you like a fully working connection then do the right thing and over ride the wife. Sometimes woman don't have the best ideas. Good Luck !!

Does your wife like a functional internet that works properly. If not then listen to your wife. If you like a fully working connection then do the right thing and over ride the wife. Sometimes woman don't have the best ideas. Good Luck !!
That's such a boomer thing to say it made me laugh

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!