What's new

netgear ap wg602v4 odd behavior

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sirca

New Around Here
Hi!!
First of all sorry for my poor english...
I purchased a netgear access point wg602v4. I connected and configured that and all is ok, but the "wireless activity light"....
I hide the ssid (brodcast disabled) but, with NONE computers wired nor wireless, every 1.5 seconds the light flashes together the "wired network activity" light. Repeat without computers, only router/adsl, firewall and ap, but no wireless devices.
The italian netgear customer support tell me that is normal because "phantom" routine run also if the ssid broadcast is disabled and no device are attached.
Today accidentally the access point ac-power goes down. After this event the wireless activity light is off and blink only if wireless devices are attached.
If I again enable the ssid brodcast AND turn off/on the access point the light return flashes every 1.5 seconds, so I disabled ssid brodcast and turn off/on the device (the ap reboot command via "setting web page" are not sufficient, turn off/on the ac-power is "mandatory"!!).
Is this behavior corret?? It happens to other holders of this ap?
Over this the ap seems ok and all is well functioning.
Sorry for the LONG post but this is my first netgear device and I feel that is a strange behavior.
My other base device are Linksys wag200g router/adsl and a Clavister sg51 firewall.
Thank you in advance.
Ciao
Andrea

Even if you block SSID broadcast (hide SSID), the AP will still send beacons. That could be the reason for the flashing wireless light.

Hi Tim!
Thank you for your quick reply!!
I think you're absolutely right, and in fact the "problem was resolved"...
The light, also if I turn off/on the ac power, after a wireless device connects to the ap returns to flash.
But the question is: because after turn off/on the light does not flash???
I think only who write the firmware knows the response :)
Besides that I annoyed the firmware was not upgraded and the only is that of first (v4) release :(
Again thank you for this interesting site/forum :)
Regards from Rome
Ciao
Andrea