1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Netgear Armor Security Service Is Now Available

Discussion in 'General Network Security' started by Julio Urquidi, Aug 2, 2018.

1. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

That's not the same thing as claiming that it's stupid. Yes, business-class services will provide better protection, however It's still better security than not having these at all.

I've seen AiProtection actually do something useful personally (I had a RDesktop forwarded for a while on my router for a particular project). AiProtection blocked and reported a number of brute-force attempts targeting the RDesktop protocol specifically.

Makaveli likes this.
  2. follower

follower Regular Contributor

That's right. It's better than not having something. But I don't trust them. Endpoint firewall does same job to block the Brute-force attack. Some devices block them automatically if there are 3 or more login attempts even if there is no specific firewall system for example. I understand your opinion. But my opinion is different from yours. I think we have a different point of view. They collect some data from routers to analyze or other purpose.
    There is another opinion about it. It does make sense.
    https://www.computerworld.com/artic...-router-warnings-on-privacy-and-security.html

3. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

4. Threska49

Threska49 Regular Contributor

Except physical security will now hang it's hat on financial security. When was the last time one's router stopped working once the money ran out? Really, why can't the community do some of this, since an attack on one should be an attack on all?