What's new

NETGEAR ProSafe SRX5308 Gigabit Quad WAN SSL VPN Firewall Reviewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SSL VPN upstream?

Any updates on why the client to router upstream SSL vpn throughput is soo low? This is the only 'thing' holding me back from buying one of these...

low SSL vpn upstream

any update on why the upstream (client to router) SSL throughput is soo low? This is the only 'bug' that is holding me back from buying this device... I don't need huge upstream, but atleast 1-2MBS a second

Okay, so my configuration goes as follows:

ISP --> Netgear SRX5308 --> Port4 / DMZ (DHCP activated) --> HP ProCurve 1810 Switch --> 3x File servers.

My problem is none of my file serves gets any Internet connections going? Every computer on Port 1-3 (non-DMZ) gets Internet connection without any issues whatsoever and are located on the 255.255.255.0 subnet on the IP-address range of 10.0.1.x.. But the file servers located on Port 4 (DMZ@DHCP) on the same 255.255.255.0 subnet but on the IP-range of 10.0.0.x (as you aren't able merge the LAN side and DMZ DHCP range) aren't getting the Internet connection?

I've tried about anything I could think of in order to get my file servers on the Internet but it's not working. It can't possibly be so that Port4 / DMZ aren't sharing and utilizing the WAN1 connection? That would be rather silly.

Firmware 3.0.7-24

Any one running 3.0.7-24? Any performance improvements? General improvements?
I am thinking about getting this unit. How loud is it?

Stable Firmware release.

Any one running 3.0.7-24? Any performance improvements? General improvements?
I am thinking about getting this unit. How loud is it?

Running 4 of these. 3 with 3.07-24. 1 with NDA beta Version.

All of them are running twin WAN configurations and 1 of them is in front of a Pair of Procurve 5412's with a Full RIP V2 Mesh running. Had some issues with 3.06XX firmware with lockups but I have since moved all of my configurations to the 3.0.7-24 or greater version and the units only downtime have been when I bounced them due to firmware upgrade. They are under 24/7 SNMP monitoring and I have had 2 IPSEC timeouts due to Carrier issues. Unit Volume isn't that loud but the Fan does generate some noise. I don't recommend this unit as a desktop model. If you need that get an FVS336G2. I believe this unit to be over powered for the roll is serving as the exact same hardware is used in the UTM 100/150. In native NAT/Routing issues I have seen 800 Megabit throughput when running intervlan routing via the RIP tables. (procuve1 to SRX to Procurve 2). Device does what I need it to do. If you need more IPS functionality get a UTM line product.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!