What's new

Need a reliable router with good VPN and WAN Throughput

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Asdande

New Around Here
I have 2 cisco rv180 VPN router. These routers are giving me lots of problems. The webpages wont load correctly, slow response to load webpages plus other many issues. I have several cases pending with cisco. I give up on these routers. I would like to know if you guys can recommend me a reliable router for our 3 branches (NY - main, SC and FL). In NY- main office, we have 55 users. In SC branch, 6 users. In Florida we only have 1 (will grow soon). I need a router capable of support:

3 VPNs Site-to-Site connection
VPN throughput of at least 40-50 Mbps
WAN throughput at least 100 Mpbs and up
PPTP Server for at least 5 PPTP users
Web filtering - all users need access to internet
Good Firewall
Port forwarding for FTP Server - able to show the public IPs of FTP users (rv180 cannot do that, just shows me router's LAN interface IP, opened a case with cisco, now escaleted to level 2, still no answer or workaround)
Dual WAN ports for balance or backup internet.
Gigabit WAN/LAN ports
Price between $400-$500 range.
I was thinking on the TP-LINK TL-ER6120 or TL-ER6020 according to the review on smallnetbuilder.com http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanw...festream-gigabit-dual-wan-vpn-router-reviewed but I don't want to make another mistake as I did when I bought the cisco RV180.

Thank you in advance,

I have 2 cisco rv180 VPN router. These routers are giving me lots of problems. The webpages wont load correctly, slow response to load webpages plus other many issues. I have several cases pending with cisco. I give up on these routers. I would like to know if you guys can recommend me a reliable router for our 3 branches (NY - main, SC and FL). In NY- main office, we have 55 users. In SC branch, 6 users. In Florida we only have 1 (will grow soon). I need a router capable of support:

3 VPNs Site-to-Site connection
VPN throughput of at least 40-50 Mbps
WAN throughput at least 100 Mpbs and up
PPTP Server for at least 5 PPTP users
Web filtering - all users need access to internet
Good Firewall
Port forwarding for FTP Server - able to show the public IPs of FTP users (rv180 cannot do that, just shows me router's LAN interface IP, opened a case with cisco, now escaleted to level 2, still no answer or workaround)
Dual WAN ports for balance or backup internet.
Gigabit WAN/LAN ports
Price between $400-$500 range.
I was thinking on the TP-LINK TL-ER6120 or TL-ER6020 according to the review on smallnetbuilder.com http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanw...festream-gigabit-dual-wan-vpn-router-reviewed but I don't want to make another mistake as I did when I bought the cisco RV180.

Thank you in advance,

I have my TL-ER6120 a year now no issues throughput is the best. I can't seeing buying anything else. Just can't compare this to one you have now though. 6120 won't cost you so much in your price range.

You don’t mention which firmware you are using. I had trouble with the Cisco RV180 router running at home but the mid March release of firmware seems to work at home now. I do not use VPN or PPTP at home as I am retired. The router has been up for 31 days. Using IE10 is a little painful with this router.

You don’t mention which firmware you are using. I had trouble with the Cisco RV180 router running at home but the mid March release of firmware seems to work at home now. I do not use VPN or PPTP at home as I am retired. The router has been up for 31 days. Using IE10 is a little painful with this router.

I'm using the latest firmware (version 1.0.2.6). I got a replacement from cisco, which is the one in NY and same problems as mentioned before.