What's new

Release Netgear R7800 firmware release 1.0.2.74

• Thread starter Deleted member 22229
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

"Fixes the issue where if the router is in AP mode, some files become corrupted during file transfer between two wireless clients."

Wow finally, hasn't this been a thing like since forever?

I think I'll wait a few weeks before diving in (I don't use this router as an AP)

Be advised. I just flashed this on my R7800 and both radios quit working. No lights and in the UI it says wifi disconnected. I verified the radios were activated for both bands. I did a flash back to 1..0.2.68 and they still don't work. So either my R7800 quit working by coincidense (I doubt it) or the new firmware has a MAJOR flaw. Back to my Asus AX58U.

Be advised. I just flashed this on my R7800 and both radios quit working. No lights and in the UI it says wifi disconnected. I verified the radios were activated for both bands. I did a flash back to 1..0.2.68 and they still don't work. So either my R7800 quit working by coincidense (I doubt it) or the new firmware has a MAJOR flaw. Back to my Asus AX58U.
@Voxel or bust, never going back to stock

I just flashed it on 2 AP r7800 and all works great with incredible performance and speed.

Thanks for sharing that. Then i don't know what happened. I guess my 7800 gave up the ghost.

Try to reset the router and upload the firmware with TFTP

Yes indeed. At this time it's not critical my 7800 spent most of the time in the closet because of crap firmware.

Yes indeed. At this time it's not critical my 7800 spent most of the time in the closet because of crap firmware.

While stock firmware is nowhere near as good as Voxel’s (which is absolutely outstanding and makes the r7800 arguably the best consumer AP router in the AC segment), or as robust in OEM GUI features as the Asus you said you currently use, I certainly wouldn’t say it’s “crap”. As others have recommended - TFTP flash back to stock/Voxel may do the trick. If not - it’s more than likely a hardware issue.

While stock firmware is nowhere near as good as Voxel’s (which is absolutely outstanding and makes the r7800 arguably the best consumer AP router in the AC segment), or as robust in OEM GUI features as the Asus you said you currently use, I certainly wouldn’t say it’s “crap”.
My R7800 is doing such a great job as an AP, the RT-AC3100 is just sitting in the closet as an emergency backup.

Agreed. r7800 AC wifi is fast and very stable with Intel 9260 card

speed.jpg

Hi. After updating to this firmware my R7800 began randomly crashing after a few hours of working normally. Had to flash back to 1.0.2.68
I'm using it as an access point.

Hi. After updating to this firmware my R7800 began randomly crashing after a few hours of working normally. Had to flash back to 1.0.2.68
I'm using it as an access point.

Try the Custom Firmware from this thread instead. I've been flashing Voxel FW for a long time now and the performance and stability is outstanding. I'd recommend at least giving it a go.

Buggy NG firmwares fixes are called Voxel firmwares :p

^--- This. There really is no reason to run Netgear's firmware at this point... Voxel's firmware is still based on stock firmware, but with as many fixes, updates, improvements, etc that he can accomplish. It runs incredible and for a noob like me, is essentially a "set and forget" firmware. Uptime is incredible, and generally broken just because I want to tinker with something. Unfortunately in my experience, the consumer router segment is flaky at best when it comes to firmware updates. It takes incredible people like Voxel, Kamoj, Merlin (on the Asus side) to take what's been given by the OEM's and really put focus on individual hardware - thus improving it. Try it out - you won't be disappointed!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!