What's new

Release Netgear R7800 firmware release 1.0.2.74

• Thread starter Deleted member 22229
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I had repeated radio shutdowns / freeze immediately after upgrading to 1.0.2.74. Using as an AP.
Hoping that downgrading to 1.0.2.68 brings this thing back to life. NG fail.

I had repeated radio shutdowns / freeze immediately after upgrading to 1.0.2.74. Using as an AP.
Hoping that downgrading to 1.0.2.68 brings this thing back to life. NG fail.
Did you factory restore following the update to .74?
First time I did not and had the issues you report.
Once I factory wiped it has been rock solid since. Has been running without a reboot from the day it launched.

Because of my experienced with this buggy firmware update I decided to say goodbye and sold both my R7800 and D7800. Reliability was the expectation I had in mind for going with Netgear. Custom firmware is not what we signed up for when purchasing this equipement. With all respect for Voxel's accomplishments. All the best!

Because of my experienced with this buggy firmware update I decided to say goodbye and sold both my R7800 and D7800. Reliability was the expectation I had in mind for going with Netgear. Custom firmware is not what we signed up for when purchasing this equipement. With all respect for Voxel's accomplishments. All the best!
In which case, don't buy a consumer router. Their firmware is all garbage more or less.
Have a read here:

@Voxel @kamoj
I just installed .74 firmware to test (in between changing to Voxel's 80.4SF firmware).

I've just noticed that Netgear have now added VPN Client to the stock firmware;
Screenshot_20201009-193413.png

@Voxel @kamoj
I just installed .74 firmware to test (in between changing to Voxel's 80.4SF firmware).

I've just noticed that Netgear have now added VPN Client to the stock firmware;

As far as I remember they have added OpenVPN client since 1.0.2.62 (stock). It is limited to only two VPN providers: purevpn and hidemyass. From my changes.log:

. . .
1.0.2.63SF:

1. Integration of changes from the stock v. 1.0.2.62 including:
- a login password enhancement in the router web interface
. . .
15. NG version of OpenVPN client is removed (conflicting with my version of OpenVPN client).
. . .

Voxel.

As far as I remember they have added OpenVPN client since 1.0.2.62 (stock). It is limited to only two VPN providers: purevpn and hidemyass. From my changes.log:

. . .
1.0.2.63SF:

1. Integration of changes from the stock v. 1.0.2.62 including:
- a login password enhancement in the router web interface
. . .
15. NG version of OpenVPN client is removed (conflicting with my version of OpenVPN client).
. . .

Voxel.
Thanks.
I hadn't noticed in previous version.

Pessoal,

o firmware do voxel no cliente VPN tem uma função de 'Split tunneling'? ou seja, posso controlar quais dispositivos têm VPN e quais não?

Outra coisa, como está o desempenho do R7800 com VPN, rápido?

Folks,

does the voxel firmware on the VPN client have a 'split tunneling' function? that is, can I control which devices have VPN and which do not?

Another thing, how is the performance of the R7800 with VPN, fast?

Stock firmware does not.

Voxel firmware and Kamoj beta update does have this feature.
You can run OpenVPN Client (using almost any VPN service).
You can also select which devices you want to run the VPN service on.

Firmware de estoque não.

O firmware Voxel e a atualização beta do Kamoj têm esse recurso.

Você pode executar o OpenVPN Client (usando quase qualquer serviço VPN).

Você também pode selecionar em quais dispositivos deseja executar o serviço VPN.

[QUOTE = "danlat1415, postagem: 625987, membro: 70923"]
Firmware de estoque não.

O firmware Voxel e a atualização beta Kamoj têm esse recurso.
Você também pode selecionar em quais dispositivos deseja executar o serviço VPN.

Firmware de estoque não.

[/CITAR]

Muito grato, amigo!

Rápido Você saberia Realizar uma performance VPN fazer R7800, com Voxel?

English please.

[QUOTE = "danlat1415, postagem: 625987, membro: 70923"]
Firmware de estoque não.

O firmware Voxel e a atualização beta Kamoj têm esse recurso.

Firmware de estoque não.

[/CITAR]

Muito grato, amigo!

Rápido Você saberia Realizar uma performance VPN fazer R7800, com Voxel?
Install Voxel latest version - 1.0.2.80.4SF
then post a message on thos forum thread to ask to join the Kamoj beta and select R7800 from the forum poll at the start of the thread.
You will then get sent the details.

(Instale a versão mais recente do Voxel - 1.0.2.80.4SF
em seguida, poste uma mensagem nesse tópico do fórum para pedir para entrar no Kamoj beta e selecionar R7800 na enquete do fórum no início do tópico.
Você receberá os detalhes.
)

Try the Custom Firmware from this thread instead. I've been flashing Voxel FW for a long time now and the performance and stability is outstanding. I'd recommend at least giving it a go.

Hi is there a tutorial on how to install the Voxel firmware?

It installs the same way as Netgear stock firmware, Download unzip the file and install via router user interface.
Okay thanks. I was asking because there is a new firmware update that came out for the R7800 a few days ago. I thought this was the thread for it but I just noticed it said 2020 lol

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!