What's new

NETGEAR RangeMax Next Wireless-N Modem Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

In case you decide to get something else and cheap:

1707181978168.png

This one works well for the price and has Access Point mode in firmware.

In case you decide to get something else and cheap:

View attachment 56245

This one works well for the price and has Access Point mode in firmware.
This is what I had my mind on, but will come to this later I guess

@ColinTaylor yes I intend for it to be used as a wireless repeater/extender also!

I have trialed some power line adapters but it hasn’t really done what I’ve expected it to do. But at that price range maybe it’s worth using the modem mentioned above, gets the best of both done anyway

What @ColinTaylor suggest is excellent. It may work well for your needs and it's cheap. Your xDSL Internet line is under 100Mbps and this power line kit has an access point on the other end. You don't need a repeater/extender - it's like a wired access point. Just plug this kit in, connect it to your ISP modem/router on one end - you get extra Wi-Fi on the other end. Set SSIDs (network name and password) the same for both ISP modem/router and the kit and you are in business for less than £50. When moving around your house your wireless devices will connect to the better Wi-Fi signal. Get one from Amazon. If it doesn't work as expected - send it back.