What's new

Netgear ReadyNAS Duo Reviewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is it possible to change the fan to a quieter one? Thx.

Drive size

Does anyone know if there is a drive size limit on this NAS? I was thinking of using 1.5TB drives.
Thanks Lance

which doesnt mean they arent supported. in fact they run, if you can live with seagates crappy firmwares that is. so far the only known limitation on netgears nases are 48TB per volume.

netgear puts only drives on their HCL that dont have any firmware-issues. and even then the process is rather slow. by the time the drives get on the list they are probably already outdated :)

which doesnt mean they arent supported.
I think a more accurate statement would be "which doesn't mean they don't work".

If you use a drive that isn't on the list. Don't complain to NETGEAR if you run into problems.

I think a more accurate statement would be "which doesn't mean they don't work".

If you use a drive that isn't on the list. Don't complain to NETGEAR if you run into problems.

you are right. there is a difference between working, not working and beeing on the HCL (guaranteed to work). :)

Lost Data

Hello,

I have a Netgear ReadyNAS Duo. The night i left the office there was a power failure. Thinking that the power would be back in a short while. i left the office because i have my UPS running.

This morning when i came, the netgear's power is off so i turned it on. Btw, this readynas is connected to my switch and is being shared to the network. To my surprise, i can't access the netgear in the network. so i check with readynas frontfview and the ip was was changed to dhcp so i changed it to it's previous IP. there were two hard disk but one was with status ok, the other is at resync. i can't find they shares that i created before and the files was gone. I wonder what happened.

will there be possibility that i can restore my files.

Please help.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!