What's new

Netgear Routers Need to be on the latest Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Those are old Cisco RV routers not supported any more. They reached EOL a long time ago. Cisco tracks all that stuff which is a good thing. I just upgraded my firmware about a month ago for a vulnerability Cisco patched for. Some people choose to run EOL Cisco hardware as it is good stuff so they track vulnerabilities for the older stuff. At least you know what you are facing. Cisco will not patch EOL firmware so you are on your own if you choose to run it.

Seems like to me ASUS kind of picks and chooses which vulnerabilities they want to fix.
CVE - Search Results (mitre.org)

Last edited:
All I'm saying is that Cisco isn't perfect either, they also have their fair share of security issues.

All I am saying is Cisco fixes all their vulnerabilities unless the equipment is EOL(end of life).

There are always issues. It just how well the company stands behind their products.