What's new

Network map script

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Keep things simple and don't stress out for no reason. Network Map is not accurate, it never was on Asuswrt.

If you use the Asus router app, you can get connection quality for clients. Works for clients connected to the router and should work for clients connected to nodes. I can't check that right now as I have my AX86U set up as an AP.

If you use the Asus router app, you can get connection quality for clients. Works for clients connected to the router and should work for clients connected to nodes. I can't check that right now as I have my AX86U set up as an AP.

Big caveat here. The Asus router app (mobile) isn’t designed for Asuswrt-Merlin. If you try and adjust settings using that app you may run into incompatibility’s. and will likely show the same information coming from the network map on the router.

Big caveat here. The Asus router app (mobile) isn’t designed for Asuswrt-Merlin. If you try and adjust settings using that app you may run into incompatibility’s. and will likely show the same information coming from the network map on the router.
True, there are Merlin features you can't change with the Asus app. But I mentioned just monitoring which, by the way, does work. I reset the AP and added it as an AiMesh node and the connection quality for clients connected to the node does work. Using Merlin 388.7 beta 1 on router and node.

One workaround is to convert your AiMesh nodes to Access Points if they are Ethernet connected.. About the only feature you will loose is guest WIFI across the nodes. What you will gain is the ability to see in the AP Wireless Log the connection statistics for the attached clients. Use the same SSID's as the router on the AP's. Use the same or different WIFI channels. You can assign static IP addresses to the AP's. And use the Trend Micro stuff (you have bigger worries than Trend Micro seeing a bit of your data).
Might be just your ticket!

Unfortunately using AP mode doesn't result in the main router client list page reliably displaying what's wirelessly connected to an AP, although it seems to work a little more reliably on 388 than on 386.

I had an RT-AC68U in mesh (GT-AX6000 main). I replaced it with an RT-AX58U and everything refreshes perfect including Network Map (showing all clients and stats). Really fast, secure, responsive AiMesh. Don't mix AC/AX in AiMesh. Thanks to all the programmers!