What's new

Network Speed Differs from Mac to PC

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xoniblue

New Around Here
hey guys, new to the forums here, been using Merlin firmware for about 2 years now. everything up till this last month has been fine, i consistently keep updated on firmware, keeping backups is something i dont do (retarded i know), heres the issue:

Windows 7 PC 1 / PC 2 speed test give them 9 mbs/s down every time i check
macbook pro 127 mbs/s down everytime i check
same network mac can be on 5ghz wifi or hard wired same results.
both pcs get same results. scanned for rootkits / malware / spy / virus.. all the hoopla with updated and current software.

recently i have set up a filezilla ftp server, and a wamp web server, along with a no ip set up. which i had to obv. port forward, but what confuses me is my mac isnt affected by this so im not sure if its win7 related or router related, or some kind of infection. both comps arent oem, and are allso running cracked games for local lan partys. games aquired from a hopefully trusted site.

All of this is the recent activity of my computers. and i feel i hit a wall of what to do next, or how in the world to pin point where my problem is..

some research showed me that there is some setting for network throttling in the registry, so i edited and changed value to FFFFFFFF so that the throttling is just disabled, and to no avail..

im about to do the current update to .5 and ill back up everything starting now :p i hope you network gurus and lend some advice..

Thanks guys

Xoni Blue :eek: