What's new

Networking question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

adam1378

New Around Here
I am wondering if I am setting my network up correctly. My current set up goes like this: Uverse 2wire(wireless radio off) LAN to netgear wndr3700 WAN. Then Netgear Lan1 to Netgear 8 port switch which connects two pc's and a NAS box.
Originally I tried uverse to switch to router for wireless but I couldn't see the network with wireless. My problem now is I can only access the router and uverse setting with wireless and cannot with the wired pc's. Is there something I am doing wrong or this is the only way to connect a network. Thanks and sorry if it don't make sense.

Your first setup was incorrect, but your current connections are ok.

Compare the IP settings on your wireless and wired systems to be sure they are all correctly getting the correct settings from the WNDR3700's DHCP server.

Tim thanks again for answering my questions. If I try to access the ip address of the routers it says 10.0.0.6 is managing. But I can access it via laptop wireless. I probably could avoid the problem and not use the switch but I want to make sure I can make it work.

You need to compare the IP addresses of your clients, wired and wireless.