What's new

New Annoyance

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bbunge

Part of the Furniture
The forum would not let me post the thread title, Similar threads. As this area started showing on my mobile over the weekend I figured it was new and it annoyed me. On the mobile I expected to see Latest Threads at the end of the discussion list. No, the Similar threads was there..
Looking for a way to turn off Similar threads or move it to a less obtrusive place on the screen such as the very bottom or collapsed. Please.

I don't see 'Similar Threads' anywhere?

I do see the Latest threads though on the right-hand side.

SimilarThreads.jpg

Should note that the above screenshot is from a desktop. On mobile browser Similar threads shows before Latest Threads. Thus the confusion and annoyance.

Just to update, I do (now) see that 'Similar threads' feature working myself. :)

It's just not there on every page.

I assume it`s tied to the new search engine, and that indexing hasn`t completed yet, hence not every thread has similar threads shown.

I don't see any ads in your screenshot. Join the cool guys. Show ads. ;)

The forum would not let me post the thread title, Similar threads. As this area started showing on my mobile over the weekend I figured it was new and it annoyed me. On the mobile I expected to see Latest Threads at the end of the discussion list. No, the Similar threads was there..
Looking for a way to turn off Similar threads or move it to a less obtrusive place on the screen such as the very bottom or collapsed. Please.
Sorry, but that's where the developer decided it would appear, since the intent of the block is to give the user more information before posting a new thread.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!