What's new

NEW ASUS RT-AC86U / RT AC2900 - 17th June Firmware v.3.0.0.4.384_81930 (17.06.2020)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Для меня эта прошивка такая же глючная, как и предыдущая.
0HZY6W7.png

Остаюсь на прошивке 3.0.0.4_384_81858.

Last edited:
Best advice /suggestion is after 2 hard resets to make the following settings manual and confirm no issues after.
Adjust to your best local environment after scanning with a proper app (control channel)

1yO5y6P.png

JbSTnTX.png

Noob question : after the 2 hard resets, can I restore my router config from ASUS config backup, or do I have to manually reconfigure everything ?

Noob question : after the 2 hard resets, can I restore my router config from ASUS config backup, or do I have to manually reconfigure everything ?
The two hard resets is a bit extreme. One factory reset using the WPS button is sufficient. And yes, you should reconfigure and not use a saved config file. I tested a Merlin alpha earlier this week but went back to Asus factory. I did a factory reset from the GUI after flashing 384-81918 then restored the backup file. I had problems connecting to the OpenVPN server so I did a WPS reset then reconfigured manually. Took me all of 10 minutes but was worth it.

Here is the link to the Asus router hard reset page: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1039074/

rock stable on GT-AC2900 for past few days. ASUS DID glitch out the GUI on previous update though and never fixed it. :\

I'm trying to find channel 149 on my 5ghz wireless but no luck, can anyone help as the lower channels are congested. I am in the UK if that makes a difference?

I'm trying to find channel 149 on my 5ghz wireless but no luck, can anyone help as the lower channels are congested. I am in the UK if that makes a difference?
I can't remember what 5 GHz channels we/the UK legally have access to, but my AC86U doesn't display anything after channel 140 when the 5 GHz band is set to Auto wireless mode and 20/40/80 MHz channel bandwidth. I don't use this though and have it set to N/AC mixed and 80 MHz and this setup doesn't display channels beyond 112.

I can't remember what 5 GHz channels we/the UK legally have access to, but my AC86U doesn't display anything after channel 140 when the 5 GHz band is set to Auto wireless mode and 20/40/80 MHz channel bandwidth. I don't use this though and have it set to N/AC mixed and 80 MHz and this setup doesn't display channels beyond 112.

I checked and it does appear the UK can access band C wireless channels, however the router does not show these unless i'm missing something?

Last edited:
I believe Asus are a bit heavy handed with the 5 GHz channels, regardless of whether they're legal to use in your country or not.

I was experiencing frequent disconnections on 5G band (and only 5G) with 3.0.0.4.384.81918 (I've had to downgrade to 81858 and the issue disappeared).

Would be happy to know if someone is experiencing similar issues with this new firmware, as I don't see anything about that in release notes.

I feel like.i might be getting these too.

S10 has been telling it will.reconnect when the quality is good enough?

Might just be a blip, microwave interference or something.

Will see how it.goes.

I believe Asus are a bit heavy handed with the 5 GHz channels, regardless of whether they're legal to use in your country or not.
Asus and regional wifi settings are not a very good combination. You can not change the country setting of a router. And many have country code E0 ('Europe')

Mine also came with country code E0, and in this setting channel 149 is only available when the router is not in 80Mhz mode.

Another bugged firmware damn... After few days of usage my bandwith droped by 50% and only router restart helped.

Another bugged firmware damn... After few days of usage my bandwith droped by 50% and only router restart helped.

band·width
  1. a range of frequencies within a given band, in particular that used for transmitting a signal.
  2. the energy or mental capacity required to deal with a situation.
So which is it that dropped by 50%?

OE

band·width
  1. a range of frequencies within a given band, in particular that used for transmitting a signal.
  2. the energy or mental capacity required to deal with a situation.
So which is it that dropped by 50%?

OE

My isp download speed is 2500 kbs and it was hovering around 1200~ before reboot after reboot it was back to normal. Tested on 3 different sources . Like downloading files from different sites. I felt like "it takes longer than normal for this to download amd drivers then i checked google chrome download tab and bam i was right after reboot it came back to normal"

My isp download speed is 2500 kbs and it was hovering around 1200~ before reboot after reboot it was back to normal. Tested on 3 different sources . Like downloading files from different sites. I felt like "it takes longer than normal for this to download amd drivers then i checked google chrome download tab and bam i was right after reboot it came back to normal"

I experienced a speed slow-down issue on a remote node on versions 32797 and 32199, but not since then.

Are you measuring speed with a PC client wired to the router? In the US, I've been getting consistent speed test results using the browser-based test on nperf.com.

Also, your nominal ISP speed of 2.5 Mbps is not very good... with service that slow, a 50% drop is only 1.25 Mbps which could be caused by almost anything at anytime.

OE

Last edited:
I experienced a speed slow-down issue on a remote node on versions 32797 and 32199, but not since then.

Are you measuring speed with a PC client wired to the router? In the US, I've been getting consistent speed test results using the browser-based test on nperf.com.

Also, your nominal ISP speed of 2.5 Mbps is not very good... with service that slow, a 50% drop is only 1.25 Mbps which could be caused by almost anything at anytime.

OE

Bandwith droped and its router fault because before i restarted router i checked 3 different sites i downloaded from amd.com microsoft.com and game update all 3 different sources on pc connected by ethernet to router. My connection has the same speed 99% of the time its just ping that jumps sometimes thats why it shocked my why it takes so long.

Bandwith droped and its router fault because before i restarted router i checked 3 different sites i downloaded from amd.com microsoft.com and game update all 3 different sources on pc connected by ethernet to router. My connection has the same speed 99% of the time its just ping that jumps sometimes thats why it shocked my why it takes so long.

Are there any firmwares or routers that don't do this?

Please do a test to check the bug:
- Send a message via feedback
- See the Tx rate in Wireless Log

If the Tx rate is minimal, the bug is confirmed.