What's new

New ASUS RT-AX95Q/AX6600 AiMesh kit

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Interesting. The AX92U always was a strange design with only 802.11ax for the backhaul. The AX95Q hasn't popped up at the FCC yet.

BCM6755 as SoC and for 2,4 GHz and the first 5 GHz band, and a BCM43684 for the second 5 GHz band. So that's should be:
  • 600 Mb/s on the 2,4 GHz band (2x2 MIMO, 40 MHz)
  • 1201 Mb/s on the first 5 GHz band (2x2 MIMO, 80 MHz)
  • 4804 Mb/s on the second 5 GHz band (4x4 MIMO, 160 MHz)

Reactions: RTN
Finally a decent appearing mesh kit. I think ASUS has been hurting themselves in the mesh market with all their funky case designs. This should solve that.

The higher performance wifi 6 chipset sounds good as well, but what I really like is the 2.5 gbps ethernet port. With that, I can easily set up a 2.5 gbps topology in my house.

Last edited:
I got 2 Asus AC3100 routers and they were the worst for my WiFi Calling & dropped calls constantly when moving between Access Points. Their AIMesh was terrible and buggy. I had to remove them entirely and go back to my multiple AirPort Extremes after 6 months of trying everything to make them work. I'm very leery of any Asus product as a result, they just aren't made very solid it seems. I have a few threads on the topic... I'm still looking for a good alternative to Apple, unfortunately.

Last edited:
I got 2 Asus 3100 ROG routers and they were the worst for my WiFi Calling & dropped calls constantly when moving between Access Points. Their AIMesh was terrible and buggy. I had to remove them entirely and go back to my multiple AirPort Extremes after 6 months of trying everything to make them work. I'm very leery of any Asus product as a result, they just aren't made very solid it seems. I have a few threads on the topic... I'm still looking for a good alternative to Apple, unfortunately.

I have never heard of an Asus 3100 ROG router?

Are you talking about the RT-AC3100 instead?

How many Airport Extremes do you have connected? How big is the area that you are covering?

I have never heard of an Asus 3100 ROG router?

Are you talking about the RT-AC3100 instead?

How many Airport Extremes do you have connected? How big is the area that you are covering?
Yep, my bad AC3100 (the "gamer version" RT-AC88U). 1700 sq feet, but upstairs & downstairs, lots of connected devices like Rachio & Sonos, interference, etc. The actual Wi-Fi was pretty good, but no WiFi Calling is a dealbreaker as we live in a deadzone.

Last edited:
Yep, my bad AC3100 (the "gamer version" RT-AC88U). 1700 sq feet, but upstairs & downstairs, lots of connected devices like Rachio & Sonos, interference, etc. The actual Wi-Fi was pretty good, but no WiFi Calling is a dealbreaker as we live in a deadzone.

I don't think your square footage was big enough for two of them. :)

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/s...-go-with-the-rt-ac1900p-v3.34748/#post-281391

I'm not sure why WiFi calling didn't work for you? Running (old) stock firmware I suppose for AiMesh, maybe. ;)

How long ago was this? AiMesh is still a hit and miss proposition for some. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!