What's new

New build, old settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dudz

New Around Here
Hi,

actually double question (sorry if not allowed, I'm new)

I saved my settings, updated my firmware, and restored settings from before it had VPN director, and now I can't get rid of old settings in VPN area. I can remove them, but if I apply they remain, any advice?

1643399992494.png

2nd (sry again, please be kind)
Where can I find IPSET Table to edit for dnsmasq table? (I get so confused, is it x3mrouting?)

Code:
ipset=/netflix.com/nflxext.com/nflximg.com/nflximg.net/nflxso.net/nflxvideo.net/
ipset=/offerup.com/OFFERUP
ipset=/cbs.com/cbsaavideo.com/cbsi.com/cbsig.net/cbsnews.com/cbsstatic.com/irdet
ipset=/hbogo.com/HBOGO
ipset=/hbomax.com/warnermediacdn.com/amazonaws.com/go-mpulse.net/akamaihd.net/cu
ipset=/demdex.net/disney-plus.net/disney.com/disney.io/disneyplus.com/footprint.
ipset=/hulu.com/hulustream.com/akamaihd.net/HULU
ipset=/funimation.com/FUNIMATION
ipset=/dazn.com/DAZN
ipset=/adultswim.com/ADULTSWIM
ipset=/mercari.com/akamaized.net/fastly.net/mercariapp.com/MERCARI
ipset=/netflix.com/nflxext.com/nflximg.com/nflximg.net/nflxso.net/nflxvideo.net/
ipset=/twitch.tv/m.twitch.tv/TWITCH
ipset=/live.gearsofwar.com/GEARS_WEB

Again, thank you for your patience and understanding as I'm way out of my league here

You NEVER restore from a different firmware. If you insist on a dirty upgrade, you upgrade w/ your current settings and takes your chances. And it's prudent to make a back beforehand, but only in case you need to return the *prior* firmware.

Of course, ideally you should factory reset after the upgrade and apply all your changes manually.

You NEVER restore from a different firmware. If you insist on a dirty upgrade, you upgrade w/ your current settings and takes your chances. And it's prudent to make a back beforehand, but only in case you need to return the *prior* firmware.

Of course, ideally you should factory reset after the upgrade and apply all your changes manually.
Same firmware, what is version limit then?

ahhh ok, backup only for same version of same firmware, thank you so much!!

Do you know where I can add those ipset rules? I have them, but can't remember the file or location

IPSET rules are NOT part of the installed firmware. More likely you installed some AddOn (e.g., x3mRouting) script(s) that uses that feature.

Hi,

actually double question (sorry if not allowed, I'm new)

I saved my settings, updated my firmware, and restored settings from before it had VPN director, and now I can't get rid of old settings in VPN area. I can remove them, but if I apply they remain, any advice?

View attachment 39011

2nd (sry again, please be kind)
Where can I find IPSET Table to edit for dnsmasq table? (I get so confused, is it x3mrouting?)

Code:
ipset=/offerup.com/OFFERUP
ipset=/cbs.com/cbsaavideo.com/cbsi.com/cbsig.net/cbsnews.com/cbsstatic.com/irdet
ipset=/hbogo.com/HBOGO
ipset=/hbomax.com/warnermediacdn.com/amazonaws.com/go-mpulse.net/akamaihd.net/cu
ipset=/demdex.net/disney-plus.net/disney.com/disney.io/disneyplus.com/footprint.
ipset=/hulu.com/hulustream.com/akamaihd.net/HULU
ipset=/funimation.com/FUNIMATION
ipset=/dazn.com/DAZN
ipset=/adultswim.com/ADULTSWIM
ipset=/mercari.com/akamaized.net/fastly.net/mercariapp.com/MERCARI
ipset=/twitch.tv/m.twitch.tv/TWITCH
ipset=/live.gearsofwar.com/GEARS_WEB

Again, thank you for your patience and understanding as I'm way out of my league here

This reset FAQ may give some insight on why to reset:

Reset FAQ
Reset Button/webUI Restore
WPS Button Hard Reset

OE