What's new

New ethernet heavy home with Ruckus APS.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are discussing ASUS all-in-one routers vs my Cisco home system since you think it is outdated.

A single modern Asus router will run your network in exactly the same way as your current setup simply because your bandwidth needs are much lower than what both systems are capable of. Your VoIP service will be the same and your video will run the same. Your system choice is solely based on what you know and you worked with in the past. You're missing new features available in modern Asus routers.

A single modern Asus router will run your network in exactly the same way as your current setup simply because your bandwidth needs are much lower than what both systems are capable of. Your VoIP service will be the same and your video will run the same. Your system choice is solely based on what you know and you worked with in the past. You're missing new features available in modern Asus routers.

So now it seems you agree there is less reason to upgrade hardware with the lower internet speeds. Until we move beyond 1 gig internet speeds we are going to hit a wall on hardware. Software is going to become more important.

And you are stating the above based on what you think not what I know. I don't think I am missing anything that ASUS has. It is a cluster mess trying to use guest and VLANs. No way I would do that to myself. And all the software addons, no way.

Build a real network using Cisco.

If you only had a Cisco layer 3 switch.

The RV340 or the RV345 router will be very fast using a Cisco L3 switch. You just can't use all the extra ports in the RV345. The same with the Cisco RV345P as you cannot use the POE+ for wireless if you use a Cisco L3 switch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.