What's new

New GT-AX11000 firmware 3.0.0.4.384_8011

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

erick_e

Regular Contributor
thumbnail_Screenshot_20200325-080011_ASUS Router.jpg

thumbnail_Screenshot_20200325-080015_ASUS Router.jpg

Have you updated yours yet? The last update I had problems with on my 11000. Wireless, all three 2, 5.1, 5.2. Asus told me to update then reset to default and set up again should correct my problems. Thanks.

I just ran the update on my GT-AX-11000 and my mesh RT-AC5300. So far all ok.

Last edited:
I flashed this firmware this morning. I also did a factory reset as well just to make sure everything is how its supposed to be. I noticed multiple times this morning my ethernet connected PC would say it lost connection to the internet. The connection would re-establish after a few seconds. I flashed the previous firmware back

Just installed the new firmware on the router and wifi 6 speed is still low on my S20 Ultra and Apple Tv 4k

Asus forums is dead zero support.

Im done beta testing just ordered a Netgear AX11000 from Amazon I'll see if things improve.

Just installed the new firmware on the router and wifi 6 speed is still low on my S20 Ultra and Apple Tv 4k

Asus forums is dead zero support.

Im done beta testing just ordered a Netgear AX11000 from Amazon I'll see if things improve.
Apple TV can’t do Wi-Fi 6, only Wi-Fi 5. Try resetting the router to defaults and resetting network settings on your Samsung. The S20 is known to have Wi-Fi issues and resetting network settings usually fixes that.

Netgear is having major overheat and firmware issues with their Wi-Fi 6 routers.

Apple TV can’t do Wi-Fi 6, only Wi-Fi 5. Try resetting the router to defaults and resetting network settings on your Samsung. The S20 is known to have Wi-Fi issues and resetting network settings usually fixes that.

Netgear is having major overheat and firmware issues with their Wi-Fi 6 routers.
Did all that its still stuck at 300mbps I'm actually getting close to 400mbps on my old AC5300 which doesn't have wifi 6.

Also i checked netgear forums and i don't see anyone complaining about over heating issues and is active and supported more than asus forums will ever be.

Look harder. Netgear AX and AC routers are a firmware mess. You have been warned.
I concur, I bought a current range Netgear AC Extender last year as an experiment to try and solve a small blackspot. Wow was it bad, I mean really bad, it caused utter chaos with the network it was added to. It went back the very next day.

Hey, does anyone know how to enable the Mobile Game Mode mentioned in the release notes? I can’t find any reference to it in the router settings or the router app for Android or iPhone.

@Jo81 curious what you did to ensure it had the best chance to succeed for you?

Did you just flash it and immediately rejected it out of hand?

Did you do a reset to factory defaults? (Have you ever)?

What specific steps and tests did you do to know it is worse (on its own) and isn't a possible complication from your end?

I can see how this is frustrating for so many, but posts like this don't help to make things better.

@Jo81 curious what you did to ensure it had the best chance to succeed for you?

Did you just flash it and immediately rejected it out of hand?

Did you do a reset to factory defaults? (Have you ever)?

What specific steps and tests did you do to know it is worse (on its own) and isn't a possible complication from your end?

I can see how this is frustrating for so many, but posts like this don't help to make things better.
Can I add:

Did you try the 7977 version? and all of the above.

Did you revert back to an earlier version if that failed? and all of the above.

What problems did you experience with previous versions that you expected this to solve?

I finally made the jump from 6436 (skipping 7979 and 7997) to 8011. The reason: my work laptop has an Intel AC 9560 160MHz on driver 21.80 which has known issues connecting to the GT-AX11000. It will connect fine but the router's DHCP isn't working right (I assume), on the router it assigns the IP address but the laptop is not assigned, or see's it. So no internet etc etc. I think it was version 7979 of the firmware that was supposed to fix the issue but with all the issues I was seeing I just passed on the upgrade. Well now I can't wait since I'm working from home full-time. I also have my personal laptop which also has the AC 9560 160MHz but I've left it at driver version 21.50 which still connects just fine to the GT-AX11000 on firmware 6436. But more on that later.

Anyway I did the upgrade to 8011 on the router and did a soft AND hard reset. (Double tapped just to be really sure lol) I've been running now for over 48 hours with no drops, disconnects etc. The speeds on my work laptop (which now connects fine) are 300-400MB across the house and downstairs from the router. Now on my personal laptop, which still connects fine using driver 21.50, the speeds went from 500MB down to 20MB. Bummer. However I went ahead and updated it's drivers to 21.80 and all is goodness again, connects just fine and speeds back to 500MB or so. BTW I had tried the 21.80 drivers before on my personal laptop and it was a no go. Same issues I had been having with my work laptop.

Lastly the DHCP issue happened on both 2.4 and 5mhz, I use 5mhz exclusively since my connection is so good.

Installed the 8011 firmware 2 days ago. Did "not" do a factory reset. So far (knock on wood) router is stable. No Wifi drop outs like the 7979 did. I did not try 7997.
Thanks for the feedback, count yourself very lucky you didn't touch 7997 it's a mess.

I had problems covering my home with just one of these routers, so I used the RT-AC5300 as my AiMesh. The AiMesh receives signal from the AX11000 but in 5G. My devices show if they get 2 or 5G depending on how I have those set. But a few devices need 2G but the signal is weak, and sometimes puls the signal from the AX11000 even though it is farther away vs the 5300. How do you get the 5300 to receive 2G vs 5G? I see that it has 5G going to it. I do not know if I asked the right question, but does it matter how the 5300 is receiving the signal? My devices show that they can receive both from the AiMesh, 5300 but I would have thought the signal would be stronger. Also, ASUS told me I did not need to worry about the settings on the Mesh as it mirrors my 11000 settings. I can not get into the 5300 to change settings, only the 11000.

Once a router node (your 5300) joins the AiMesh properly you will no longer be able to access it's settings through the normal web gui for that device. The main AiMesh Router (your 11000) takes over the job of managing, configuring and updating the node/s. If you are connecting your AiMesh wirelessly then the 5-GHz-2 network will be used for the backhaul between router and node.

The problem you are describing sounds like it is more to do with the devices than it is the router or node or lack of coverage.

Questions:

1. Have your got separate names for all three of your WiFi networks 2.4, 5-1, 5-2 or are the all the same name?

2. For each of the WiFi networks 2.4, 5-1 , 5-2 do you have Roaming Assistant switched on or off?

3. Do you have Smart Connect Rules turned on?

4. Are the 2.4 devices that are struggling capable of having their WiFi drivers updated? Not so important as 3 above atm.

I upgrade to the new firmware through the app and looks like random WiFi and connection drops. Had to restart a few time over a week

Going to try a hard reset tonight to see if that will correct it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once a router node (your 5300) joins the AiMesh properly you will no longer be able to access it's settings through the normal web gui for that device. The main AiMesh Router (your 11000) takes over the job of managing, configuring and updating the node/s. If you are connecting your AiMesh wirelessly then the 5-GHz-2 network will be used for the backhaul between router and node.

The problem you are describing sounds like it is more to do with the devices than it is the router or node or lack of coverage.

Questions:

1. Have your got separate names for all three of your WiFi networks 2.4, 5-1, 5-2 or are the all the same name? All have a different name.

2. For each of the WiFi networks 2.4, 5-1 , 5-2 do you have Roaming Assistant switched on or off? On, -70 or below to disconnect.

3. Do you have Smart Connect Rules turned on? Off.

4. Are the 2.4 devices that are struggling capable of having their WiFi drivers updated? Not so important as 3 above atm.
No, they are Nest Cameras.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!