What's new

New GT-AX11000 firmware 3.0.0.4.384_8011

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OK and the answers to the important questions 1 - 3?
Soz, was looking on a phone, quote was compressed.

OK
Answers are at the end of each question. 1-4. Thank you.
Soz, was looking on a phone and quote bit was heavily compressed could only see first few lines.

OK to a certain extent this is a bit like feeling around in the dark. The client ultimately is making the decision to roam so we've got to try and persuade it. The firmware on the Nest kit is probably coded to cling onto a signal for dear life so this may not be easy.

Try changing the 2.4 roaming assistant threshold figure. Up to you how you go about it but maybe try 60 first see if it helps, then 55 then 50 etc.

Also iPhone or Android? A WiFi analyser might be needed if above gives no joy.

Soz, was looking on a phone, quote was compressed.

OK

Soz, was looking on a phone and quote bit was heavily compressed could only see first few lines.

OK to a certain extent this is a bit like feeling around in the dark. The client ultimately is making the decision to roam so we've got to try and persuade it. The firmware on the Nest kit is probably coded to cling onto a signal for dear life so this may not be easy.

Try changing the 2.4 roaming assistant threshold figure. Up to you how you go about it but maybe try 60 first see if it helps, then 55 then 50 etc.

Also iPhone or Android? A WiFi analyser might be needed if above gives no joy.
You are right, Thank you.

Sorry I was just agreeing. My cameras that were on the 5300 went off line. I turned off the 5300 router and my 11000 router picked them up. So the problem I believe is the 5300. No way to go in to make changes other than through 11000. I changed my roaming Asst in Professional to disconnect from -50 to -70. I will see how that works.

I have my roaming asst on, set at -70. My smart connect is off. I have never tried smart connect. I have never tried smart connect because because Asus told me it would not help. I guess I could try turning on, want hurt to try.

Sorry I was just agreeing. My cameras that were on the 5300 went off line. I turned off the 5300 router and my 11000 router picked them up. So the problem I believe is the 5300. No way to go in to make changes other than through 11000. I changed my roaming Asst in Professional to disconnect from -50 to -70. I will see how that works.
The AX11000 will make the changes on the AC5300 for you.

I have my roaming asst on, set at -70. My smart connect is off. I have never tried smart connect. I have never tried smart connect because because Asus told me it would not help. I guess I could try turning on, want hurt to try.
If Smart Connect works it would be kinda a miracle as it is mainly there to handle networks with the same SSID across multiple radios on the same router. That will be why Asus suggested it wouldn't make a difference.

Try the roaming assistant settings first.

Have a few more suggestions if that doesn't work.

As a last resort you could switch on Smart Connect but leave it off for now.

I updated to 3.0.0.4.384_8011 and have random drops throughout the house. The GT-AX11000 is part of a mesh setup with two rt-ax92us and two rt-ac68us. I did a hard reset on all devices post FW update and rebuilt my entire network from scratch (yesterday morning). Has been unstable ever since. Just rebooted the AX11000, we'll see how it goes, but ASUS FW sucks and their support is complete garbage. They barely speak a lick of English and their support consists of a factory reset and then mailing the device in for RMA when the factory reset fails to stabilize the environment. God forbid they test their own FW in-house before releasing it. It seems like all these issues would come to light if they had ANY QA. I'm close to shipping everything back and going with another company completely.

Last edited:
I believe the internet has problems at times now due to everyone being at home. May not be the router. You are right about ASUS, their service does suck and their answer is to always reset. I have spoke to friends with other router brands and it seems no matter where you go same thing and the service is overseas. I have 12 Nest items and they do drain a lot of data. But I did not have my problems till about 5 months ago. More now, which could be due to more people at home.

I believe the internet has problems at times now due to everyone being at home. May not be the router. You are right about ASUS, their service does suck and their answer is to always reset.
I'd like to be able to blame it on my ISP as well, but the issue I have are devices going offline, while others still remain connected. If everything in the house was offline at the same time - definitely my ISP. But given the intermittent/sporadic issues with random devices, definitely has something to do with the router/mesh setup.

Hello

Anyone have disconnects and on internet and then when you check the system log it has a date of “May 5th...”

Anyone what that means? Usually a reboot corrects it

Also I heard there is a hardware version 1.1 now for this model. Any idea what the changes are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the date when the rooter is starting.. So it means your rooter rebooted (crashed).

Does that refer to bad firmware or bad hardware if it keeps repeating?

I did perform a factory reset after this last update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. Who knows...

I have seen my ant router rebooting every 60 sec... Performed factory reset and everything is fine now.
My previous rt ac68u had some sporadic reboot, like when uplugging a usb 4g modem, sometime for no reason, and one day i manually rebooted it and it was stuck in a boot loop, until i factory reset it...

My best guess would be poor software then hardware issue if the router is not behaving normally after factory reset (before you apply any configuration to it)

Well, I don't know what happened but my router was having no issues since this firmware was released. Then yesterday I lost WIFI twice and then again last night (my alarm didn't even go off cause the Google Assistant had no connection) Might have to revert if it continues to happen.

So I ended up reverting back to 6436 and everything is fine again. I contacted ASUS and they were useless, after a few generic support items they basically told me to send it in for repairs...

"Hi Valued Customer,

Thank you so much for the response, I am happy that you are able to attempt to fix the issue yourself but with all the troubleshooting that you have attempted so far there are no further steps nor suggestions I could make or walk you through. With everything that you have described this unit needs to be seen by our authorized technicians to get the issue resolved and I would not have any details on what they would do to get the issue resolved. Please take the time you need think through this matter.

In the event that you have additional concerns, please let me know and I will be happy to take care of them as well. Thank you for choosing ASUS. "

I have been running 3.0.0.4.384_8011 for about a month without any issues at all, and then, I changed something.

I have an Ecobee 3 thermostat which has an issue with reacquiring an IP address from Asus routers and their DHCP so I added it to the manual assignment list. With that enabled and setup the router now regularly losses internet. The router shows (thinks) it is connected but nothing on my network can access the internet, I have to reboot (soft or hard) to get it back. My devices can see each other just fine on the LAN side though. It may work for a hour or half a day after reboot but then it losses it again. I removed the Ecobee and disabled manual assignment and all is well again.

Also, I tried a full factory reset and manually setup the router up again. Same results. All of this on firmware 3.0.0.4.384_8011, which I'm still using.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!