What's new

New GT-AX6000 setup questions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Real conversations are un-fun now? This is how we exchange viewpoints.

And hope to understand each other.

Limiting the topic to AP / client communication only, asymmetry is still noticeable and undesirable IMO.

With proper planning it can be addressed and fixed. I own a place with 4x APs at 20mW in 120sqm. Bricks, concrete, tough for Wi-Fi environment, one AP per room basically. Works perfectly, up/down links are the same most of the time, high aggregate throughput from multiple APs.

The un-fun part here is companies offering different region RF equipment and no one cares about potential performance loss or local regulations violation. I'm curious was it Asus store themselves in this case or someone else re-selling refurbished units on Amazon. Anyone has access to Amazon.

Last edited:
Real conversations are un-fun now? This is how we exchange viewpoints.

And hope to understand each other.
Un-fun from the aspect of primarily "doing" the forum interaction while enjoying a tobacco treat in the garage pecking the text on my smartphone. I guess I could just talk it into the microphone... Coupled with the quick nature of the interaction in this particular case.

Like you, I think, I try to be precise in my word choices; though I admit to often not including enough indication for the reasoning behind them.

I do typically enjoy your viewpoints and their presentation.

I've got a GT-AX6000 in the basement on the other side of a wall from my laptop. Occasionally I find the laptop associated with the 2.4GHz radio which is set for 20/40 AX and can handily get mid 300s both directions.
1. I've a few AX devices that occasionally decide they are going to connect to 2.4GHz and they tend to come in at around 300Mbps. AC dual streams manage 144Mbps, while the plethora of single stream "N" devices usually just hit those 65-72Mbps targets!
2. Ai-Protect - no it doesn't <nuff said>
I should have clarified my 2.4g testing. I'm pulling ~120-160mbps on an AX client. A dual channel AC client is pulling closer to 210mbps. I put my old dual band AC router back in place to test my speed and was getting a whopping 40mbit connected to a dual channel AC client. So I guess it is a marked improvement. I don't have any bandwidth hungry clients on the 2.4g band, mainly IoT stuff. It is curious that my AX clients consistently perform worse than my old AC ones though.

I'm curious was it Asus store themselves in this case or someone else re-selling refurbished units on Amazon. Anyone has access to Amazon.
Azusa-IoT. They have a ton of Asus products though and like I said earlier, the package came sealed with Asus tape. I have a hunch the board was replaced though since the serial number printed on the bottom of the case was covered with a sticker listing a serial.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!