What's new

New router, Echos and TCL TV are the only devices that can't connect

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Entropism

Occasional Visitor
So I upgraded last night from an AC86U to an AX86U. I flashed Merlin's firmware, did a hard reset, then started setting everything up manually. I chose a new IP range for the router (10.35.45.1), new SSID, new password, got my main devices set up with static IPs, the whole 9 yards. My only issue is that I can not, for the life of me, get my multiple Echo devices and my TCL TV to connect to the new network.

I've reset all of the echos, and even disassociated them from my account. Every time I try to connect, I'm using the same copy & pasted password that I used for all my other devices, but this time, it says the passwords are wrong. My TCL (Roku) finds the SSID, and when it tries to connect it doesn't even give me the option of entering in the password. Just errors out.

Meanwhile, I have about 5 phones laying around, 2 iPads, and my wife's desktop that's connecting to the wifi perfectly.

Everything else is set up through wired connections, with a switch upstairs, a switch downstairs, and 2 MOCA adapters connecting them. The only thing that's actually changed, network wise, is the new router.

Anyone have any thoughts? Because I'm tearing my hair out here, and the 2 hour long call with Amazon tech support was about as useful as tits on a bull. Thanks in advance!

WPA3 isn't enabled by any chance?

If so, try moving over to WPA2 or WPA2/WPA3 mixed...

It was at first, then I went down to WPA/WPA2, WPA2/WPA3, even WPA2 alone, the only time it connected was with an open network. Really really odd.

Go back to the default router IP of 192.168.50.1. Better yet, do a factory reset with initialize all settings. Don't mess with the WIFI other than setting a fixed channel on 2.4 and 5 GHz if you want to. Actually I run auto channels for a while and let the router choose what it thinks is best. Use Dual Band SmartConnect. turn off WPS. Do not use DFS channels and stick to 80 MHz on 5 GHz for a bit. use only alpha-numeric characters in the WIFI passphrase. No spaces or special characters!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!