What's new

new RT-AX56U, older PC doesn't see wifi, at all

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

clix

New Around Here
Hello guys, completely new here, my first post.

I just bought a new router RT-AX56U.
Everything went smoothly until I tried to connect wifes PC to the router. It doesn't recognize it, can't see the network, the SSID.

the PCs network card is RLT8723AE. It is 2.4GHz B, G and N capable card, even capable 40MHz bandwidth. It is cca 8 years old.

Because I don't have ay AX devices, I turned it off.
I have different SSIDs for 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks.
Hide SSID is disabled.
Wireless mode, tried "auto", "N only" and "legacy", didn't make a difference.
Channel bandwidth is set to 20/40, tried 20, tried 40MHz, didn't make a difference.
Tried switching between few channels, currently it is auto (CH7), no difference.
Tried WPA, WPA2, open, no difference.
I updated drivers for the network card, updated the router to the latest FW, no difference.

The PC, network card is working OK though. It sees a million other networks (we are in a large residential area) and also connects OK to others.
All my other devices are also working OK, even AC, vacuum cleaner, phones, tablets, s

I downloaded WifiInfoVIew to the PC. It found a lot of networks, but not this one.

Is there anything else I can do? What could be the problem? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Hello guys, completely new here, my first post.

I just bought a new router RT-AX56U.
Everything went smoothly until I tried to connect wifes PC to the router. It doesn't recognize it, can't see the network, the SSID.

the PCs network card is RLT8723AE. It is 2.4GHz B, G and N capable card, even capable 40MHz bandwidth. It is cca 8 years old.

Because I don't have ay AX devices, I turned it off.
I have different SSIDs for 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks.
Hide SSID is disabled.
Wireless mode, tried "auto", "N only" and "legacy", didn't make a difference.
Channel bandwidth is set to 20/40, tried 20, tried 40MHz, didn't make a difference.
Tried switching between few channels, currently it is auto (CH7), no difference.
Tried WPA, WPA2, open, no difference.
I updated drivers for the network card, updated the router to the latest FW, no difference.

The PC, network card is working OK though. It sees a million other networks (we are in a large residential area) and also connects OK to others.
All my other devices are also working OK, even AC, vacuum cleaner, phones, tablets, s

I downloaded WifiInfoVIew to the PC. It found a lot of networks, but not this one.

Is there anything else I can do? What could be the problem? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Could be a setting under Wireless \Professional. You can disable Airtime Fairness and Universal Beamforming per band, but those may not be it. May need to upgrade the PC WiFi adapter.

OE

This is my first Asus router and I didn't even notice different tabs under WIFI settings ..(such as Professional).
Will check it out, thank you.

I also recommend to upgrade Bios on your wife's PC, that may fix hardware issues.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!