What's new

new to this need advice on shibby

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

endimion

New Around Here
Hi,
So I just bought myself a N66U and I am waiting to receive it this week or so.

I'm here to collect every information I could use to have a great experience flashing it with shibby.

I have some computer and networking knowledge and have already read a bunch of information on the subject but it is still nice to have some info first hand when you start to experiment new things.

So to make things short, I lived for 8 years in the US and now I'm back to France for a couple years but I still have my netflix hulu and lots of stuff still in the US and plan on using it.... so I decided to get myself a VPN service such as hide my butt...

in France I have a DSL modem/router box provided by my ISP and can't set up the VPN directly on it so I plan on bridging it to use only the modem part of it and plug the N66U behind it to point to the VPN.... then behind that I will use 2 PCs an US XBox 360 and some portable devices using wi-fi....

is shibby v 101 what I should use??? is it possible to set up 2 network on the same router one classic set up with a French IP and one set up on the VPN with a US IP....

what's the best guide to install the right firmware for my application, well tell me what a newcomer should know...

thank you

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!