What's new

New Trafic Analyzer (AC3200)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vaszago

Regular Contributor
I hope we see the trafic analyzer soon on the AC87

attachment.php

link from AndreyPopov
thanks

ASUS renew it demo web
http://nw-dlcdnet.asus.com/index.asp

Last edited:
Now that's a traffic analyzer. The features Asus are introducing into their firmware lately are fantastic. Hopefully this makes its way to the 68u as well.

it's there already :) head to :
Code:
http://192.168.1.1/TrafficAnalyzer_Statistic.asp

That page isn't currently doing anything. It's all pre-filled with test data, while Asus is still developing this new feature.

That page isn't currently doing anything. It's all pre-filled with test data, while Asus is still developing this new feature.
not exactly imho :) pre-filled while it's off, try to put this on, from over 3h shows some graphs and real clients info in pie chart
openit_1422123898__2015-01-24_192258.png

Last edited:
working on the AC68U as well, have been testing it all morning.

Is it also supported under Merlin's fork? I am currently running Tomato, mainly for the QOS & Bandwidth monitoring. This looks like it might tip the scales back.

Is it also supported under Merlin's fork? I am currently running Tomato, mainly for the QOS & Bandwidth monitoring. This looks like it might tip the scales back.

I tried it on the fork and it did not work.

I tried it on the fork and it did not work.

Bummer. I am leary of switching to stock ASUS firmware with the CFE change from 32M to 64M limiting options for 3rd party firmware later.

Its in the newest GPL which Merlin is still working on. Everybody in anxiously awaiting his 378.50 release. The new traffic analyzer doesn't seem to work correctly yet for the AC68u at least. The data numbers seem a little wonky. As Merlin mentioned, its still under development.

working on the AC68U as well, have been testing it all morning.

They might have recently made progress then, last time I checked it would only display Jieming's test data.

3913 did come with a newer TrendMicro DPI engine. I thought it was for that other (unannounced yet) new feature they wanted me to test with the accompanying test FW.

Asus's devs sure are keeping busy. :)

Last edited:
Why dosent the download Qos work? When I setup Qos in inserted 5 up then 30 down when doing a speed test I'm still getting download over 50 MB but upload seems to be working fine.

They might have recently made progress then, last time I checked it would only display Jieming's test data.

3913 did come with a newer TrendMicro DPI engine. I thought it was for that other (unannounced yet) new feature they wanted me to test with the accompanying test FW.

Asus's devs sure are keeping busy. :)

I just hope the new traffic manager does make its way to the AC68u, its really slick. I have noticed the new Trend Micro engine does eat a little bit more RAM than previous firmware revisions on the AC68. I have to wonder if hardware will eventually limit features added to this model.

Why dosent the download Qos work? When I setup Qos in inserted 5 up then 30 down when doing a speed test I'm still getting download over 50 MB but upload seems to be working fine.

Those numbers aren't intended to limit traffic throughout, they are merely values used by the QoS engine to calculate percentages allocated to each traffic classes.

I just hope the new traffic manager does make its way to the AC68u, its really slick. I have noticed the new Trend Micro engine does eat a little bit more RAM than previous firmware revisions on the AC68. I have to wonder if hardware will eventually limit features added to this model.

I don't see any technical reason why it wouldn't. Unless Asus moves part of its implementation into the closed source parts of bwdpi, and make it a marketing issue by limiting it to the RT-AC3200, it should be possible to implement it on other DPI-enabled models. So far it seems to work fairly well on my RT-AC87U.

RAM shouldn't be an issue, with 256 MB of it. So long people stop trying to use their routers as a torrent client, they'll have plenty of headroom RAM-wise.

On the Qos rule page setup it allows to choose from highest , high , med , low , lowes. So what's the point in having a download setting there if it dosent work? Only upload does. I setup the Xbox one to only get 1mb up and 3 down but it's still show 30 down?

Hello, how did you find the asp page for the network analyzer? How can someone list all the asp page available on the router? Thank you.

RT-AC66U - RT-AC68U
MarioLangevin.com
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello, thank you for the quick reply. I was able to bring up this page. My question is how do I list all of the asp pages available on the web server?

RT-AC66U - RT-AC68U
MarioLangevin.com
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: