What's new

New TrendMicro DPI engine announced for other models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So... I don't have QOS enabled....and I try to set Level 2 HW acceleration...but the router reboots and says its back on level 1.

Setting wont stick. IPv6 is disabled.

Level 2 is not available on the RT-AC68.

O...so they don't bother to remove the option from their firmware then.

The option was erroneously present in one or two firmware versions a few months ago. If it still appears on your router with the latest firmware then it means that either you have some old leftover nvram settings from those versions, or something else in your configuration is fooling the capability detection code the firmware runs at boot time to determine if the router supports it or not.

What models support Level 2 then?

Currently, only the RT-AC87U.

The option was erroneously present in one or two firmware versions a few months ago. If it still appears on your router with the latest firmware then it means that either you have some old leftover nvram settings from those versions, or something else in your configuration is fooling the capability detection code the firmware runs at boot time to determine if the router supports it or not.

Hmm... Mine also erroneously shows this option on my AC68U as well. I'm running 3.0.0.4.376_1663 of stock firmware (which it says is current). One of the first things I did was restore factory settings to clear old settings out. Still get the invalid option for NAT hardware acceleration.

Hmm... Mine also erroneously shows this option on my AC68U as well. I'm running 3.0.0.4.376_1663 of stock firmware (which it says is current). One of the first things I did was restore factory settings to clear old settings out. Still get the invalid option for NAT hardware acceleration.

Mine came with this current firmware when purchased...

Are you willing to pay near the level of Cisco Entreprise Routers? Most home users aren't.

It isnt Cisco but Sofaware/Checkpoint had a GREAT soho/home router but they discontinued it because folks didn't want to pay the 80$ a year for a licence... I still miss it... Zonealarm/Checkpoint ZA100...

I miss it terribly

Could be a bug in the detection mechanism then. I know it's something they had fixed a few revisions back.

Well, my initial assessment in this thread sounds too harsh now. I've been running for a few days with 2678 + Adaptive QoS + AiProtection and all is well. QoS isn't picking up all the MAC addresses communicating through the router, but I can live with that. I still get complaints from the basement that any other downloads kill my wife's work VPN, but her MAC address isn't available in the QoS UI to assign a priority to it.

Happy camper; barring any unforeseen weirdness I'm pretty satisfied with it at this point, and my slow DSL is more efficiently used with fewer Youtube & Netflix pauses.

As I posted in the Merlin thread just now, I think the Adaptive QOS is borked in the latest Asus official release. Rebooting the modem fixes it.

Pity Asus cannot try to rise to near the level of Cisco Enterprise Routers.

Apples and oranges.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!